- All races will start together on Bruce Smith Parkway in the Southern Hills Shopping Center at 7:30 AM.
- 1310 Preacher Roe Blvd, West Plains, MO 65775
- Participants may choose between a long sleeve tech tee or a hoodie.
- Guaranteed shirt sizes for those registering by Jan. 26, 2020.
- Half Marathon and 10k finishers will receive a beautiful, custom finisher’s medal. Everyone loves these medals- year after year!
- Plenty of hot refreshments provided post race inside the Fire Station adjacent to the finish line.
- Aid Stations and port-a-pots are ample and will be present along the race.
- Lots of course support. You'll have a hard time finding better traffic control at a race our size.
- Amazing volunteers and great atmosphere.
- Overall male and female winners in each race, overall relay team, and age division winners will receive awards in each race.
- Relay Team: An award will be given to the first relay team.
- Sgt. Dave Finley Award - The first relay team to finish that is composed of public servants wins this award.
- Individual Age Division awards: 1st – 3rd place in each division (13.1 & 10K)
- Age Divisions are as follows: 12 and Under (10k only), 13-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & up
Participants must be 13 years old to participate in the half marathon
12 and Under participants in 10k & 2 mile will receive a special award for finishing.
The races will start and finish at the Southern Hills Shopping Center. Courses will run through the scenic streets of West Plains Missouri. Traffic is controlled well by personnel from the Missouri Highway Patrol, West Plains Police, other area emergency organizations, and race volunteers. The course is a mixture of rolling hills and flat ground. The vast majority of the course is flat, but there are two tough hills and three smaller hills on the half marathon (there’s 1 less on the 10k). Where’s the challenge in running yet another ultra flat course? Let's see what you can do.
Entry, Cancellation, and Refunds
Enter Online: Enter on-line until February 11, 2021 at midnight. After that you may register in person at packet pick-up or on race day (add $5 for race day registration.)
Enter by Mail: Mail registration to Wes Gunter, 8663 County Road 9790, West Plains, MO 65775. After Feb. 3, registration will only be available on-line until midnight 2/11/21, at packet pick-up on Feb. 12, 2021, or until 7:00 a.m. on race day.
Race Day Registration: ADD $5 FOR RACE DAY REGISTRATION (RACE SHIRT AVAILABILITY OR SIZES WILL NOT BE GUARANTEED FOR RACE DAY REGISTRANTS. THE HALF MARATHON WILL BE LIMITED TO 200 ENTRANTS TOTAL!)
Refunds: NO refunds will be given. We're a small race that takes place in February. Please plan for the weather both in participation and travel. However, race deferrals are available up to 14 days prior to the event. You may switch races at anytime up to Packet Pick Up time. The participant will need to cover the difference in price if there is one.
Race Cancellation Policy: We put a lot of work into this event, and people come from very far away to run. We will have this race unless the weather becomes dangerous. We are protected by IMathlete's race protection insurance. If we have to cancel due to the weather, your entry fee will be refunded. Otherwise, get some warm clothes on, and come run! Runners run no matter what the weather is. Maybe we are a little crazy.
Packet Pick up:
Race packet pick up will take place from 3:00 - 8:00 PM on Friday February 12 at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, 1301 Preacher Roe, West Plains, MO 65775). West Plains area people please use this day for packet pick up. Race day pick up is hectic, please be courteous.
Packet pick up is also available race day from 6:00 - 7:00 AM at Fire Station #3 near J.C. Penney in Southern Hills Shopping Center.
Race Staging Area: Runners are welcome to stay warm, hydrate, fuel up and socialize inside Fire Station #3 adjacent to the starting line on Bruce Smith Parkway. Hot post race refreshments will be served inside the Fire Station. Basic snacks and drinks will be available at the finish line.