My Current Mindset
- I have always believed I could be successful in whatever I put my mind to.
- Failure is nothing to be ashamed of, but something to embrace and learn from.
- I do not believe I was born with all of the intelligence I will ever have...that is inconceivable to me.
Influences on My Personal Profile
- My parents were always my biggest fans and always told me I could achieve whatever I put my mind to.
- Teachers-I had many who have had a significant impact on my life including my mindset.
- My children-If you want your children to believe you when you tell them "they can do it" you better be able to model that.
Contributing Factors to my Mindset
- In all honesty-stubbornness has been a huge factor. Not giving up until I had conquered the issue or gotten the problem right. I just don't give up.
- Personal tragedy-seeing people I love stuck in the fixed mindset and watching them give up on everything.
- Never taking anything at face value, continually asking questions, and finding a solution to whatever the issue may be.
The influence of this class
- In the beginning my mindset started out on the firm side because I knew there are those who are so much better than I am at innovation and technology.
- But I was and still am excited to learn all of the new things I am being introduced to.
- I know with practice, I will be able to use what I have learned in this class to help me be an awesome innovative teacher.
The factors that have contributed to that mindset
- The instructors having the confidence in me to be successful and voicing it.
- The patience to guide me through my frustrations and answer, enthusiastically, my silly questions.
My Mindset and My Classroom
- I will maintain a "You can accomplish whatever you put your mind to" motto.
- I will preach that failure is not the end of the world, failures are the foundations of how and what we learn.
- Always, Always, Always ask questions and do not be afraid to walk your own path.