Challenge #1- Learning to select and drag
For Challenge #1 I was to move the light brown casing on to the dark brown spiral staircase. This challenge was made to teach you how to do simple movements of objects.
Challenge #2- Learning to move around
Challenge #2 was to find out who was behind the curtain, which turned out to be Elvis, by moving around the curtain with your mouse. The point of this challenge was to show you how to manvuer around the build plate.
Challenge #3- Resizing objects
For this challenge, you had to take a cylinder shape and place it on the design pad, then you had to copy and paste it twice, and place both of them on either side with different heights. The point of this challenge was to show you how to copy and paste and change the height of objects.
Challenge #4- Making holes
This challenge I was to put a hole into the wrench so it would properly work as a wrench. The point of the challenge was to teach you how to group 2 different objects and make holes.
Challenge #5- Learning to copy and paste
Challenge #5 was to copy and paste letter and drag them onto the keychain to spell out "Katie", this taught me how to copy and paste more efficiently with control c and control v.
Challenge #6- Learning to resize and rotate
This last challenge was the biggest one of them all, I had to put all I learned from the past challenges and use them all together, I needed to place numbers on 3 of the die sides then I needed to modify the sizes of the numbers.
After an hour or so I finally finished the base design of my spinner, and I was going to print it out to see if there were any errors with the design so far. I didn't want to make the whole thing only to find out it didn't work out in the end.
Once I finished printing it, I put the bearings in and tested it out. It worked great! But there were some thing I was going to have to change. First off, the size. It was a lot bulked than I expected so I was going to have to change that. Second off, I was going to have to fix the bearing holes. They were not holding the bearings as tightly as I would've wanted.
This is the design i figured out that fixed everything I thought was wrong with the last one. The bearing holes are fixed, and the bulkyness is fixed. Hopefully when I print it, it will be the right size.
I printed the design I made and I quickly found out that the holes were way to big, so I was going to have to redesign the holes to be the right size.
This time when I printed it, after I finish resizing the holes, I found out that the holes were too small. So I decided to get a knife and carve it out, then the bearings fit very snugly. It wasn't perfect, I was going to have to resize the holes (again), but I liked the look of it so far.
This time when I printed the spinner, it turned out great! I decided to scrap the old design and make something similar to it, but a lot smaller. The hole sizes were perfect, and I thought the size felt really good and it wasn't too big.