- Civil Rights Act of 1964: all people are permitted the full and equal enjoyment of public services, housing, goods, and privileges.
- Voting Rights Act of 1965: This act prohibited the use of literacy test in 6 states and a number of countries in South Carolina.
- Fair Housing Act of 1968: prohibited discrimination that was involved with sale, rental, and financing of housing.
Nation Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- The NAACP’s principal tactics focused on lobbying and education to accomplish their goal.
- Brought multiple lawsuits to the court and many of their efforts went towards the creation of acts.
- Tried to make sure that black people had equal rights for housing, jobs, voting, transportation, and normal everyday activities for fun.