The incandescent lightbulb
1. The lightblub. The lightbulb was invented by Thomas Edison in the United Sates and Joseph Swan in Great Britain in about 1878. This invention was very important because it drastically changed the way people live. Before people would light candles for light but that had many risks and caused many accidents.
2. The telephone. The telephone was invented by Alexander Graham Bell in 1876. This was huge step in the revolution of communication. Now people could communicate with people in different countries without having to travel and talk in person.
The internal-Combustion Engine
3. Internal-combustion engine. The internal-combustion engine was invented by Jean Joseph Étienne Lenoir in 1858. It provided a new source of power in transportation. It was fired by oil and gasoline and it gave rise to the automobile and airplane.
4. Assembly Line. The assembly Line was invented by Henry Ford in 1913. It greatly increased the sales of goods because it contributed to the mass production of goods
5. Air Conditioning. Air conditioning was invented by Willis Carrier. He invented the first electrical air conditioning unit in 1902. This made life in hot climates much more enjoyable.
6. The airplane. The airplane was invented by Orville and Wilbur Wright 1906. This completely changed transportation. It made getting from place to place much easier.
7. The battery. The battery was invented by Alessandro Volta around 1800. This let machines work without having to be plugged into an outlet.
8. The radio. The radio was invented by Guglielmo Marconi in 1895. He found all the work necessary for all future radio technology.
9. The camera. The first camera was designed by Johann Zahn in 1685. But Joseph Nicephore Niepce took the first successful picture with a camera in 1814.
10. The printing press. The printing press was invented by Johannesburg Gutenberg around 1440. This machine allowed people to 'print' words or pictures onto a surface with ink.