It's been a great December and early January for the #23 Maroons, who haven't lost since Nov. 21 en route to rattling off eight-straight victories, their biggest an 82-76 upset over WashU to open league play Jan. 6
- Friday, Jan. 12: NYU at UChicago, 6pm CT
- Sunday, Jan. 14: Brandeis at UChicago, 1pm CT
OHIO HOLIDAY TITLE
- Prior to the Maroons' UAA opener, UChicago captured the Fred Raizk Memorial Classic Championship by defeating both Earlham and host Wilimington (Ohio) in big-time wins Dec. 20-21.
- Sophomore Mia Farrell was named the Tournament MVP and teammates Taylor Lake and Jamie Kockenmeister joined her on the All-Tournament team.
- The Maroons last lost Nov. 21 in a nail biter at home against Rose-Hulman, 64-62, before topping Carthage in 2OTs (96-90), #23 Wheaton (82-77) on the road, before three-straight home wins in December against North Park (78-36), Elmhurst (74-70) and North Central (89-62).
- Junior Olariche Obi leads the UAA in rebounds per game (12.3), a mark that ranks 15th in the nation.
Highlights from earlier in the season in a 78-36 win over North Park Dec. 9.
SECOND HALF ON THE MAT
The #17 Maroons wrestling team hosted its annual Chicago Duals meet Dec. 30 at Henry Crown Fieldhouse. The Maroons went a perfect 3-0 on the day, topping Alma (37-12), Harper College (37-7) and Marian (40-12).
Wednesday, Jan. 10: Wheaton at Chicago, 7PM, Ratner Center Auxiliary Gym
MAROONS WIN TWO AT NATIONAL DUALS
UChicago improved its dual record to 6-2 on the year after a 2-2 performance at the 2018 NWCA Multi-Divisional National Duals Jan. 4.
- The No. 17-ranked Maroons defeated Heidelberg (23-18) and Wilkes (24-17) but fell to No. 6 UW-Whitewater and No. 21 Centenary.
- Senior Nick Ferraro (184 pounds) has nine wins this season, and five of them have come via pins.
- Sophomore Kyle Peisker (174 pounds) is 11-2 this season, winning eight-straight matches and averaging 15.7 points per match.
- Sophomore Steve Bonsall (157 pounds) has won seven of his past eight matches and is 10-2 on the year.
PUSHED TO THE BRINK
The Maroons nearly pulled off one of the biggest upsets of the year in NCAA Division III in their UAA opener, leading host and #10 WashU for 36 straight minutes, but the Bears came back down the stretch to hand UChicago a tough 79-78 loss Jan. 6
Friday, Jan. 12: NYU at UChicago, 8 pm CT
Sunday, Jan. 14: Brandeis at UChicago, 11 am CT
ICYMI: The Maroons defeated Albion in an OT thriller at home Dec. 13. Check out highlights in the video below:
NEW CAREER LEADER
TRACK & FIELD SEASON IS HERE
The UChicago Mens & Women's Track & Field teams are set to kick off their 2018 indoor seasons this Saturday at home as the Maroons host the Phoenix Invitational at Henry Crown Fieldhouse beginning at 11:30am.
Saturday, Jan. 13: Phoenix Invitational hosted by UChicago
Where: Henry Crown Fieldhouse
When: 11:30 am CT
- The Maroon women's track and field team finished second in both the indoor and outdoor UAA Championships in 2017. The women bring back 14 national qualifiers, four NCAA Division III All-Americans, and six league event champions.
- Khia Kurtenbach, Robin Peter, Alisha Harris and Emma Koether earned NCAA All-American status in 2017.
- Alisha Harris and Laura Darcey were tabbed the UAA Rookies of the Year a year ago.
- The Maroon men's track and field teams placed third and fourth, respectively, in the 2017 indoor and outdoor championships.
- UChicago men bring back four UAA event champions: Nathan Downey (indoor 200 meters), Patrick LeFevre (indoor 55-meter hurdles), Obinnaya Wamuo (outdoor 400 meter hurdles) and Alexander Scott (indoor shot put).
- Scott was also named the UAA's Indoor Rookie of the Year.
WINTER QUARTER KICK OFF
After spending part of December on a training trip in Florida, the nationally-ranked UChicago Swimming & Diving squads are back in competition mode starting with this weekend's home double dual meet with Lewis & Olivet Nazarene.
FRIDAY, JAN. 12: Lewis & Olivet Nazarene at UChicago, 6PM CT, Meyers-McLoraine Pool
- Check out the below video created by junior swimmer Naomy Grand'Pierre