Footloose: The Musical launches on Saturday, May 20 on the Gilliam Stage at Barter Theatre.
- Footloose: The Musical will be performed on the Gilliam Stage for all performances
- The performance is based on the original screenplay by Dean Pitchford
- It is a stage adaptation by Dean Pitchford and Walter Bobbie
- Music for the performance is by Tom Snow
- Lyrics for the performance are by Dean Pitchford
- Additional music is by Eric Carmen, Sammy Hagar, Kenny Loggins and Jim Steinmand
- Friday, May 16 - Media luncheon at 12:30 p.m. Members of the media will be able to see rehearsal of the upcoming performance, and talk with members of the cast and the production team.
- Saturday, May 20 - Pre-event media opportunity before the first production at 5 p.m. This event will allow members of the media to see last-minute preparations just hours away from the first production of Footloose: The Musical.
- “Our colorful setting for Footloose is that of an abandoned factory in the outer most reaches of the rust-belt.”
- “This factory with its reaching towers, multiple levels, and rolling ladders gives the Footloose company a playground on which to climb, jump from, and spin around as the story of Footloose unfolds.”
Additional information can be found on the Footloose: The Musical production page by clicking here.
Chase Brashears - (423) 732-2441, email@example.com