Autism Spectrum Australia is Australia’s leading service provider for autism. We share evidence-informed Aspect practice and applied research nationwide. Our specialised, evidence informed schools program is the largest in the world, with additional services that include information and advice, diagnostic assessments, therapy and behaviour support, parent and family support, and adult programs.
Working for Aspect Therapy
Aspect Therapy employs over 240 staff including teachers, allied health assistants, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, psychologists, and social workers.
The Aspect Therapy team deliver services which are person and family centred, flexible, responsive and evidence informed for individuals of all ages on the autism spectrum. Our staff build and nurture connections in therapy environments including family homes, the community, adult day programs, schools, and early education settings.
Together, we’re inspired by a different brilliant – understanding, engaging and celebrating the strengths, interests and aspirations of people on the autism spectrum. Whether you’re working in a school or in the family home, you will be committed to our person-centred, evidence-informed environment. You’ll go the extra mile and will never lose sight of what’s possible. In return, we’ll recognise your achievements, support your development and help you achieve the right balance between work and life.
Be proud every day. Start and end every day knowing that you’re doing something amazing. We celebrate the achievements of the people we support and take pride in organisational, professional and personal success.
Connect with specialists who respect your work. Whether working independently or collaborating as a team, you’ll be connecting with highly skilled and like-minded people who will support you and value your strengths.
Reach higher; expand your autism expertise. As you go the extra mile, we’ll recognise your achievements and support your development.
Put people first and embrace flexibility. We’re a truly person-centred organisation, so flexibility is a must – both for you and for the people you support.
Benefits of working for Aspect Therapy
Salary Packaging: As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) Aspect provides all employees with the option to access Salary Sacrifice arrangements as a way to increase your take home pay. Up to $15,899 of your expenses can be salary packaged, and your mortgage, loans, rent, credit card, health insurance or school fees could all be included. We also offer Salary Packaging Cards, and even dining expenses and holiday accommodation. For more information on salary packaging please visit the Eziway website at https://eziway.net.au
Life/work balance: Aspect Therapy recognises the importance of a healthy life/work balance. We have a large number of part time staff members, a mobile workforce and a flexible work options policy. We have dedicated practices focussing on staff wellness including a wellbeing committee, wellness reflective tools, and ongoing evaluation for continuous improvement.
Leave entitlements: 3 weeks sick/personal leave, paid parental leave, paid study leave, with the opportunity to purchase leave, 12 weeks long service leave after 10 years of service
What do we offer Aspect Therapy staff?
Ongoing professional development. We believe in up-skilling our people and provide extensive internal and external opportunities for learning and development. These include:
- 2.5 hours of support and supervision each month
- New Graduates who are in their first year of practice are also allocated time (2 hours per month) to participate in Aspect Therapy’s new graduate online program
- Time to complete mandatory training
- Up to $400 allocation towards external Professional Development
- Annual 2-day National Conference and quarterly regional meetings
- We also have an Aspect online learning and development system and Aspect Practice centre for excellence.
Resources. We aim to provide you with access to and support to the use the right tools in your role to make your job easier. This includes the following:
- We provide staff with technology to use on the road, however you can choose to bring your own phone/device
- Staff use their own vehicles, however are reimbursed for their work kilometres (77 cents per kilometre)
- There is a resource library located at central office, however it is encouraged that staff use client and family resources to ensure they are building functional capacity in natural environments
Employee Assistance Program
- We take work or personal issues seriously. Aspect provides an Employee Assistance Program that is an independent, confidential and free counselling service for all Aspect staff.
What do we expect from Aspect Therapy staff
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Deliver high quality services that align with Aspect’s vision, mission and values
- Help at least 3 clients per day by delivering face to face (or online) sessions in the environment of their choice
- Travel within their allocated region to service clients
- Operate as an itinerant staff member without an office
- Maintain client files using an online client management system
- Take responsibility for their professional learning and seek support from their direct line manager as required
Current career opportunities
For all current career opportunities go to https://www.autismspectrum.org.au/about-aspect/careers-with-aspect/current-vacancies
If you are interested in any of our positions in other regions, please contact Louise Rassack on 0466 305 537 to discuss further opportunities.