Dubai is located on the Eastern coast of the Arabian Peninsula, in the south west corner of the Arabian Gulf. It is extremely well known for its warm hospitality and rich cultural heritage, and the Emirati people are welcoming and generous in their approach to visitors. With year-round sunshine, intriguing deserts, beautiful beaches, luxurious hotels and shopping malls, fascinating heritage attractions and a thriving business community, Dubai receives millions of leisure and business visitors each year from around the world.
About Accra, Ghana
For those looking to explore Ghana, the natural starting point is the capital, one of the safest cities in Africa, brimming with interest and easy to get around. Accra has been Ghana’s capital since 1877 and contains impressive public buildings that reflect its transition from a 19th century suburb of Victoriaborg to the metropolis of today. Spread along the Atlantic coast and the Gulf of Guinea, present-day Accra is well endowed with luxury and good-value hotels, modern commercial areas and shops as well as excellent restaurants, bars and nightclubs. In addition, there are fascinating museums, notable public monuments and busy markets to be explored in old Accra. Whenever you are in an energetic city, there is always something to see and do.
About Kumasi, Ghana
Kumasi is the capital city of the Ashanti region, a very important and historical centre for Ghana. Tradition is held very high in Kumasi and blends very well with modernity. There is a wide range of attractions in Kumasi.
The Manhyia Palace, the seat of the King of Ashanti and members of the royal family is situated in the northern part of the city. The Palace has a courtyard and a courtroom where matters dealing with the constitution and customs are deliberated upon the traditional council. Visitors can get a good insight into traditional African democracy, which is still very present in the customs of the people when they visit the courtyard. The meetings are open to the public.
Lake Bosumtwi, the largest natural lake in Ghana, is about 32 kilometres southeast of Kumasi. The Ashantis believe that the souls of their dead come to the lake to say goodbye to god called Twi. One theory says that the huge meteorite formed the lake. Another says that it is the crater of an extinct volcano.
FLORA AL BARSHA MALL OF THE EMIRATES
Flora Al Barsha Dubai is a four star deluxe hotel located in the heart of Dubai's business and leisure district in Al Barsha, dedicated to provide quality guest services while minimizing their impact on the environment.Flora Al Barsha Mall of the Emirates believes in responsible and cultural based eco - tourism and provides the assurance that its first class facilities have met environmental best practice standards.
Flora Al Barsha Mall of the Emirates offers 186 fully serviced and spacious guest rooms, designed to pamper you with comfort and meet your everyday needs. The guest rooms, with soothing warm colors, contemporary furnishings and lighting, as well as modern interiors, are designed to provide you with an exclusive luxury experience and meet the highest expectations of travelers.
Centrally located, Flora Al Barsha gives easy access to Dubai’s premier lifestyle destinations, such as the famous Mall of the Emirates and Ski Dubai.
Daily Breakfast Included
LABADI BEACH HOTEL
Where West Africa Meets and Plays
Set amidst tropical landscaped gardens, overlooking one of Ghana’s most beautiful beaches is the famous Labadi Beach Hotel. The hotel, which is renowned for its food and the unique spirit of Ghanaian hospitality, is located within easy access of both the city and airport.
Labadi Beach, a place where tourists and business travelers meet and play.
Daily Breakfast Included
GOLDEN TULIP KUMASI CITY
At the 4-star Golden Tulip Kumasi City hotel, we have intricately woven modernity into cultural heritage. Set in lush tropical gardens in the heart of historic Ashanti, Regional Capital of Kumasi, you have an assurance of a dynamic experience in luxury.
Daily Breakfast Included
thursday, Oct 17th
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Bonwire Kente Weaving Tour - BONWIRE, GHANA
- Welcoming & Naming Ceremony - ADAWOMASE VILLAGE
- Adinkra Symbols Stamping Tour - NTONSO, GHANA
- Kumasi City Tour - Tentative (depends on what time we finish the tours above)
- 4 & 5 Star Hotel Accommodations in Dubia, UAE; Accra, Ghana; Kumasi, Ghana
- Roundtrip Airport Transporation in Dubai, Accra and Kumasi
- Daily Breakfast
- Group Excursions (some meals included)
- Roundtrip Flight from Accra to Kumasi
- Conference Activity Fee (meals and beverages included with conference)
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Roundtrip International Airfare to/from the United States (Cost will be added to your invoice when booked)
- Roundtrip Domestic Flight to/from NYC
- NYC Hotel Accommodations
- Meals & Beverages Not Listed on Itinerary
- Visa Application Fee
- Immunization Fee
- Gratuity for Tour Guide (Suggestion: $10-$20/day) & Driver (Suggestion: $5-$8/day)
- Travel Protection
- Items of Personal Effect
MONTHLY PAYMENT, REFUND, AND CANCELLATION POLICY
- Monthly Payment Due Date You must submit the required minimum monthly payment amount by the last day of the month.
- Multiple Monthly Payments You are welcome to pay more than the minimum payment amount with a single payment or an additional payment. You may also submit multiple payments per month to equal the required minimum payment amount as long as you pay the required amount by the last day of the month.
- 7-Day Grace Period & Cancellation Policy You have a 7-day grace period after the payment due date to submit your payment without any penalties. After the 7-day grace period, your reservation will be automatically canceled. All money paid towards the reservation will be forfeited if a payment or cancellation request is not submitted within the grace period. There is a reinstatement fee that just be paid no later than 7 days after the grace period. The reservation rate will be automatically adjusted to single occupancy for the remaining guest on the reservation thereafter.
- Reinstatement of Reservation A request to reinstate your reservation must be received via email only within 7-days after the reservation has been canceled along with a $100 reinstatement fee, the missed monthly payment amount or full payment of the remaining balance.
- Cancellation Requests If you're unable to go on the trip you must submit a cancellation request no later than 7 days after the payment due date (during the grace period). You must submit a cancellation request in order to submit a travel insurance reimbursement claim (if you secured travel protection.)
Refunds & Transfer of Payments
- Your deposit are non-refundable. Monthly payment refunds will not be allowed beginning March 1, 2019. Payments are non-transferable towards a different trip.
- You may transfer your reservation to another person for the same trip prior to making the final payment.
- There will be a $50 name change fee incurred by you prior to changing the reservation. Any change fees or portions of travel plans that cannot be changed via the travel suppliers is your responsibility and must be paid prior to adjusting the reservation.
- Any money transfers and/or agreements to be compensated is a private matter between yourself and the third party (your replacement) and will not involve Urban Chic Travelistas, Black Mastermind Group associates, and/or the travel supplier.
- All name changes must be made prior to the final payment date.
- Please seriously consider purchasing travel insurance to protect your investment.
Travel & medical Documentation requirements
- All participants must have a valid passport with at least 2 empty pages and an expiration date of April 19, 2020 or later in their possession no later than 180 days prior to the departure date for this trip. You will need a valid passport so you're able to apply for your Visa.
- Ghana requires US citizens to have a Visa. Please visit their websites for more information: GHANA
- We will provide additional information in the near future.
Ghana Requirements - Proof of Yellow Fever Shot
Yellow Fever vaccines are limited and are only available by making an appointment at the nearest Travel Clinic.
You must receive the Yellow Fever vaccination no later than 10 days prior to the departure date. You will receive a yellow fever certification form that must be presented upon entry to Ghana.
Please consult with your primary physician for additional immunization recommendations per your medical history and the destinations we'll be visting. Most vaccination series must be started no later than 4-6 weeks prior to departure. Again, please discuss this trip with your physician so (s)he can determine what's necessary for you.
READY TO SECURE YOUR SPOT?
We look forward to having you join the Black Mastermind Group on this amazing venture to Dubai and Ghana! Be sure to secure your spot no later than July 31st!
Please be sure to read all of the details available on the website page.
Please email TaNisha Webb at email@example.com or call me 913-709-8398 or email Donnetta Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.