Shape Up. Have Fun. Help Kids.
As Red Clay employees, we have a unique opportunity to be healthy role models for 18,000 students who pass through our doors every day.
This year, let's be the best role models we can by making our own wellness a top priority.
Need help keeping your New Year's Resolution? Want to get in shape for Spring Break?
how IT WORKS
Red Clay schools and offices compete as teams to get in shape over 10 weeks (Jan 30 to Apr 6).
Each week, participants report their progress and participate in fun mini-challenges covering different aspects of wellness.
At the end of 10 weeks, the team that loses the greatest percentage of weight wins a $500 grand prize to support wellness and education-related initiatives in their building.
Principals and department leaders are encouraged to recognize individual winners in their buildings as well. For example, a $50 prize to support wellness or education in the classroom.
how do i sign up?
To join the challenge, register online and give $1 to your Team Captain (or school secretary) by Jan 27 at 12PM noon.
The challenge is open to full-time employees of the Red Clay Consolidated School District.
What should I do after i register?
Once you've completed your registration, it's time to set yourself up for success.
- Get your colleagues to sign up. The bigger your team, the more motivation and encouragement to help you stay on track!
- Make sure your team has a Team Captain. If not, consider volunteering yourself!
- Find an accountability partner. This should be someone you can check in with regularly for support and encouragement as you both work toward your wellness goals.
- Set a realistic goal and find a tracker. Use an app like MyFitnessPal or LoseIt to figure out a healthy weight loss goal based on your activity level, and begin logging your diet and exercise.
- Get ready for Week 1. Look out for an email with details on the first mini-challenge and a link to report your progress for the week of Jan 30.
Where do the proceeds go?
The more employees who sign up, the more students we can help!
Proceeds from The Great Red Clay Wellness Challenge will go to support wellness and education-related initiatives for Red Clay schools.
Principals and department leaders are encouraged to consider matching their team's total registration amount or the team's total weight loss.
For questions about The Great Red Clay Wellness Challenge or sponsorship opportunities, contact Taylor Green, Office of the Deputy Superintendent, Red Clay Consolidated School District.
"Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try."
Always consult your physician before beginning any exercise or weight-loss program. The general information displayed on this site is not intended to diagnose any medical condition or to replace your healthcare professional. Your participation in The Great Red Clay Wellness Challenge is at your own risk. Consult with your healthcare professional before beginning the competition and if you experience any pain or difficulty during the competition, stop and consult your healthcare provider immediately.
Special Thanks to The Great Red Clay Wellness Challenge Project Team: Jessica Farrand, Taylor Green, Emily Hamlin and Jessica Terranova.