- Best time to travel: Although you could undertake this journey year-round, we think Spring and Autumn are the optimum times – it can get bitterly cold in winter and stifling hot in the summer months. October is a great month for travellers watching their budget – see our travel tips below!
- Recommended duration: 4 days
- Having Delphi almost all to ourselves by staying overnight and visiting first thing in the morning
- Join this Olympus and see yourself at the old habitation of the Greek Gods in a memorable day!, enjoying breathtaking views!
- Hiking from one monastery to the next independently at Meteora
- Thessaloniki, Greece, is a beautiful and ancient city with a rich history. we can see various landmarks in the city, including the White Tower, the citadel and the college campus. There are several memorable monuments to see on this city including the Rotunda, Byzantine churches, and the Archaeological Museum.
Day one Stop at Delphi Arachova at Chalet Hotel
- The Chalet has a ground floor (75 τ.μ.) which consists of:
- Two (2) bedrooms:
- One bedroom with two single rooms
- Fully equipped kitchen with fridge, hob, oven, dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, kettle, toaster.
- Comfortable living room with fireplace and entertainment equipment (TV).
- Luxury bathroom with a shower
- Wi-Fi (free)
- Provision of quality in-room amenities, including bathrobe, slippers etc.
- Breakfast is available and / or lunch with low charge
Delphi near to arachova and what we will see.
- Delphi is a town on Mount Parnassus in the south of mainland Greece. It's the site of the 4th-century-B.C. Temple of Apollo, once home to a legendary oracle. This extensive mountainside archaeological complex contains the remains of the sanctuaries of Apollo and Athena Pronaia, as well as an ancient stadium and theater. Delphi Archaeological Museum displays artifacts found among the ruins.
Day two at our road trip to thessaloniki we will have a short stop at Meteora
- Meteora has two main towns, Kastraki village and the town of Kalabaka, which is home to the majority of hotels, restaurants, and shops. A must-do for anyone is a guided half-day tour. You’ll get to experience the unique landscapes of Meteora's stone forest. Even from the car there are incredible vistas. You’ll stop at the Great Meteoran Monastery, which is the oldest, tallest, and largest monastery here.