Fun and Games with Sard Verbinnen
Sard Verbinnen provided dinner and a virtual activity. Their volunteer team put together an entertaining fast-paced guessing game. There was no question that the winner of the evening’s activity was Zooey! She responded correctly to the questions within the 5-second limit, and then provided the next well thought out category.
Which in a few cases turned out to be harder than expected for Team Sard Verbinnen. In between playing the game Zooey shared her love of cats and her interest in snakes which she has been researching. She provided a wealth of information on North American Reptiles for the group. Everyone enjoyed Zooey’s wit and humor throughout the Evening.
Submitted by Helena Russo
Virtual Dinner Party with T. Rowe Price
It was a fun evening at the House! After a few tech glitches and the setup seconds, the zoom virtual room was ready with dim lights and serious music to begin the most important Game show - The Disney quiz. The volunteer crew Ally, Donna, Christina, Alex and James had their questions deck ready and to go and were co-hosting the show. James was the DJ for the night and also the score-bearer.
The fun teams: Soccer, The Locos and The Sea Hawks were all geared to play. Ally went through the rules. It was simple; the hosts would pop a question with 4 multiple choices. 45 seconds were given to our teams to come up with an answer. Tik tok tik tok... then the participants would drop their answers to the chatbox or hold the letter board to the camera and bamm you get your scores.
The kids were all logged in and ready to take it on. The questions were tastefuly crafted to cater to every kid's favorite Disney character. It ranged from Alladin, Moana, Incredibles, Madagascar and the recent blockbuster Mulan. As questions passed, the tension was felt in the zoom room. Thanks to James for the hippity hop music which got everyone swaying as they scratched their heads to pick the right choice.
As we just stepped into the October fest month, the Disney characters provoked the inevitable chatter about Halloween costumes . There were some really good choices to pick from - Olaf, Cheerleader & Spiderman. I hope you are wondering what your costume is going to be as you read this.
As we moved along with questions about Toy Story, Kung Fu Panda and Moana every team scored a point. Hooray!! We knew what the House favorite characters were.
And then the scores started to get close. So Ally brought her wrath of tough questions. Some of these really got me wondering if I wanted to spend all weekend refreshing my Disney knowledge. Some key take aways were do not miss Mulan. Especially as starting this week, Disney + is streaming Mulan as part of the subscription and no additional fees. Marianna gave a great reviews for the movie and strongly urged having popcorn , hot chocolate and M&M as sides.
And then Ally surprised the teams with a bonus question only because the question got really tough. To keep the fun index high, every team scored a bonus point for that, no matter their answers. 20 questions down and there could be just one winner. Tension spiraling in the room. All teams were so close to the screen and calling their hoping to win. Then the winner was announced. It was Mariana!!! But wait this is the House where the world is twisted. So it was declared -- everyone was a winner. Kids danced around with joy. All in all it was an exciting event not just for the kids but for everyone in the Virtual room.
If you missed the event take this quiz to test your Disney knowledge :)
- In Alladin , what was Jasmine's pet called?
- What are the minion's names in Despicable me?
- In Toy Story who does the toys belong to?
- What type of fish is Nemo?
- What is the panda's name in Kung Fu Panda?
- Name any one of the 7 dwarfs?
- What zoo are the animals in Madagascar from?
- In Ratatoulie what name does Linguini give Remy?
- The movie Cars begins with the last race of which championship race?
- In the Wizard of Oz, what is the Tin man looking for?
- What fraternity did Mike and Sully belong to?
- Which Disney princess has a raccoon as a side kick?
- Who teaches Mowgli about the bare necessities in life in The Jungle Book?
- What is the name of the dragon in the Mulan movie?
- What does Ohana mean?
- In the Little Mermaid movie what is a dinglehopper?
- In the movie Moana, what is the green stone on Moana's necklace?
- In the Incredibles 2 the incredibles and frozone battle with?
- Who does Anna fall in love with in frozen?
- Dave, Carl, Kevin, Steve
- Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grump, Happy, Sleepy, Sneezy
- Central Park zoo
- Little Chef
- Piston Cup
- The heart
- Oozma Kappa
- Ohana means family. Family means no one gets left behind
- The fork.
- Heart of the Te Fitit
- The Underminer
Submitted by Sneha Ramesh, Communications Volunteer