Altering biomes refers to the way we change and configure our biosphere to create and/or produce food and non-food agriculture.
TERRACING FOR RICE PRODUCTION
In Southeast Asia, land terracing has been done for many years in the production of rice.Terracing is the process of hills or mountains divided in to a series of flat surfaces or platforms. Irrigation is used by channeling water from a river through the fields of rice.
what is food security?
Food security is a problematic chaos due to:
- Rising population
- Differing diets
- Changing impacts on our biospheres
The main problem with food security is the rising population:
- In just over 80 years our population has risen from 7.4 billion to 11.2 billion persons.
- Food stipulation will not meet our food supply
- Alarming growing and reproducing rate.
In the map shown on the board, differing our diets could impact and change the way this graph would look like:
- Westernised diets consists of having large proportions
- Containing large amounts of poultry, specifically meat.
what can we do to fix this?
- consider that the world will still be hungry no matter what and there will still be people in need,
- Cutting down on proportions
- saving food for our present and future selves
- help this situation and help us to continue and figure out more options and ideas to fix this problem