Summary & Objective
I am a creative and motivated IT Professional with 11 years of experience in a variety of roles, from entry level desktop support to program management of a multi-year Installation, Move, Add, Change, Disposal, Break/Fix, 2nd level support, and telephony contract for a major corporate client. Currently searching for a new opportunity to leverage my existing skills to be part of a winning team while continuing to grow professionally.
Service Delivery Manager - Mid-Atlantic Region - HP - Kaiser Permanente Printer Support Contract - July 2018 to Present
Assisted with stand-up of a multi-year, multi-million dollar contract between HP, Inc and Kaiser Permanente. Responsible for post-sales support and solution design to bring performance SLAs in Colorado, Georgia, Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC areas from below 70% on-time into contractual compliance of 93% or higher within the first 120 days of involvement.
- Trained technicians on best practices in two ticketing systems - Click Mobile, and Field Service Mobile integrated with Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Provided SLA reporting from data pulled from Microsoft Dynamics CRM and presented to customer. Developed internal corrective action plans to improve service levels based on root cause failure analysis.
- Traveled to Washington DC, Virginia, Maryland, Colorado, and Georgia to attend transition meetings with customer and support staff in each region.
- Assisted with transition from previous support provider (Curvature) to internal HP support team.
- Visited customer sites to attend meetings to gather customer feedback and revised internal processes to increase customer satisfaction and increase SLAs.
Service Delivery Manager - Target HQ, Carmax, HP - Feb 2018 - July 2018
- Key leader in statement of work negotiation and solutions design, leading to successful contract renewal between Curvature and Target HQ. Played pivotal role in supporting the Target HQ account to meet new statement of work requirements. Acted as subject matter expert and consultant in the transition to new delivery model for both Target and Curvature teams. Managed transition to new service delivery model was seamless, with no gap in coverage which ensured that team was able to maintain above 95% SLA performance throughout the transition period.
- Oversaw CarMax "touch support" contract providing project support and per incident support at all CarMax dealerships in the US. Worked with client to address concerns with support and translated customer feedback into a strategy to reduce downtime for end users at CarMax dealerships throughout the US, increase customer satisfaction, and improve internal communication strategy to meet client's changing needs. Reduced transaction turnaround time at help desk ticket creation/tech dispatch level from 4+ business hours to under 1-hour from customer call to tech receiving dispatch which enabled technicians to provide faster service to end users and meet next business day return-to-service SLA.
- Performed critical customer care and urgent solutions analysis, design, and implementation for HP contract. Added to Curvature HP support team to leverage key skills and knowledge to improve overall SLA performance, customer satisfaction, and technician utilization and performance. Traveled extensively to provide in-person technical training and customer support services nationally. Assisted with logistics/supply chain parts procurement process transition, parts consumption analysis, developed process documentation, visited customer sites to collect data on customer concerns, developed training plan, managed ticket workload for technicians in MD, VA, DC, GA and CO.
Service Delivery Manager/Program manager - Systems Maintenance Services - Target Headquarters - Jan 2017 - Jan 2018
- Assisted client with development of friendly, customer focused service delivery strategy that resulted in significantly improved experience for new employees joining the company. Team facilitated PC setup, delivery, and initial login support for approximately 1,900 new employees throughout 2017.
- Partnered with Target to mentor and train Genesys Works Young Professional interns to develop their interest in IT careers.
- Developed new strategy for large corporate PC move projects that resulted in significant cost reduction for client in addition to reducing overall failure/revisit to less than 1% of total PC moves throughout 2017 which significantly reduced lost productivity for client. Oversaw team that was responsible for 7,400 PC moves in 2017 including several hundred PC moves in a 24/7 call center environment with immediate re-installation of PCs at new location in phases to prevent downtime for call center. Utilized lean-six-sigma methodology to develop business continuity processes and best practices for seamless transition of resources between customer sites with no downtime.
- Developed internal strategy focused on exceeding customer expectations while maintaining work/life balance of internal team which decreased turnover to 4% annually from February 2015 to February 2018. Reduction in turnover and internal process improvements allowed team to reduce overall costs while improving customer satisfaction.
- Developed revised monthly reporting package to meet changing needs of client using Microsoft Sway, Excel, and Venngage.
- Created and presented required monthly reporting package including SLA metrics, customer satisfaction feedback, project milestones, and monthly inventory levels.
- Developed revised communication strategy with internal team to increase productivity, customer satisfaction, and increase knowledge sharing among team using Slack, HipChat, and other tools. Monitored for new technologies and methodologies used in the industry and implemented new solutions to automate repetitive tasks.
- Revised internal service strategy using several key components of Agile methodology that could be applied to hardware implementation services. "Projects must be based on people who are motivated. Give them the proper environment and the support that they need. They should be trusted to get their jobs done." "Changing requirements are embraced for the client’s competitive advantage."
- Developed documentation, training, and onboarding guides for new internal employees to increase efficiency in training new employees and reinforce best practices with existing team.
- Developed cross-training strategy and employee backup plan to reduce impact of planned and unplanned absences while increasing employee engagement and overall job satisfaction. Reduced single points of failure by ensuring that employees were able to shift into other roles on demand.
- Worked with Service Manager to develop service improvement strategies based on customer feedback and internal observations.
- Responsible for overall account health, SLA compliance, and internal/external team communication.
- Responsible for invoicing customer for monthly support contract, T&M requests, and billable projects. Responsible for quoting for billable projects and designing delivery plans to meet required deadlines and operate within budget constraints. Oversaw completion of projects and invoiced at/under quoted price on all projects barring external challenges.
Service Manager - Systems Maintenance Services - Target Headquarters Jan 2014 - Jan 2017
- Managed support staff of 23 employees providing IMACD, Break/Fix, 2nd level support, and telephony support services at four headquarters campus locations in Minnesota and one in Arizona, as well as several dozen regional/district offices with a consistent track record of meeting or exceeding contractual SLA obligations while operating within budget.
- Partnered with Program/Engagement Manager to develop new strategies and revise existing processes based on customer feedback to provide consistently excellent service while accommodating changing demands.
- Managed several high visibility PCI compliance device installations including several hundred Wyse devices, desktop PCs, and Avaya IP phones.
- Assisted in creation and regular review of disaster recovery and business continuity strategy.
- Team was responsible for maintenance and support of client's technology portfolio including installed client facing devices totaling 40,000+ desktop, laptop, monitors and servers in addition to a warehoused inventory containing 1,200+ desktop PCs, laptops, and peripherals. Support included end to end life-cycle management from initial inventory intake through end of life device decommission and recycle.
- Managed successful completion of several hundred retail call center installs in a remote headquarters campus location in Tempe, AZ.
- Managed device inventory around client's budget constraints that occasionally severely limited PC inventory and revised strategy/shifted internal resources to ensure that end users did not experience any reduction in service level.
- Generated reports and oversaw team performance through ServiceNow ticketing system. Trained new employees on ServiceNow ticketing system.
- Maintained relationship with Dell via TechDirect and managed break/fix technicians compliance to ensure that repeated parts requests, denied parts requests, and parts returns were within expectations. Created Dell TechDirect accounts and assisted with technician training and documentation on TechDirect best practices.
- Provided large group training classes to employees seeking additional certifications such as CompTIA A+.
Desktop Support Team lead - CompuCom - Target Headquarters - Jan 2008 - Jan 2014
- Supervised team of 16 desktop support analysts providing IMACD, Break/fix, and telephony support at Target HQ campus locations in MN, AZ, and Canada. Responsible for overall performance of team at assigned HQ Campus location and managing escalations. Liaison between technicians and Target Vendor Management team.
- Provided technical support for support staff and acted as subject matter expert across all departments within the organization.
- Developed training plan for new technicians, developed and improved process documentation.
- Special Project - Traveled to Mississauga/Toronto to assist with onboarding and training support staff at Target Canada HQ. Trained team on IMACD, Break/Fix, telephony support services, and equipment checkout/loaner program. Spent 3 months in Canada overseeing training and development, covering for tech vacations, and managing large computer move and installation projects as Target HQ staff increased from initial headcount of ~200 employees to full capacity of 800+ employees.
- Facilitated transition of Target Tempe, AZ remote HQ campus from internal Target support team to CompuCom support. Trained new CompuCom support technician that was responsible for coverage at the site, assisted with cleanup of excessive inventory of obsolete equipment, built out PC imaging spaces, and developed support model. Acted as liaison between technician and internal Target team during difficult transition between internal support and outsourced IT support. Traveled to Tempe multiple times per year to cover planned tech absences and lead large projects.
- Oversaw CompuCom support of Target's transition from Windows XP to Windows 7 including daily morning remediation effort for failed builds, building SCCM distribution points and delivering to remote Target offices to provide Windows 7 imaging support at remote locations, attended daily status meetings to share project milestones and document customer feedback to translate into improved support strategy.
- Managed support escalations for all HQ campus locations via generic email inbox and desktop support dedicated phone.
- Attended UAT for ServiceNow ticketing system and assisted with team training, filter creation, and documentation when team transitioned to utilizing ServiceNow for ticket queue management.
Desktop Support Technician - CompuCom - Target Headquarters - July 2007 - Jan 2008
- Provided desktop install support for Target HQ. Imaged PCs with Windows XP and Mac OS, installed PCs, moved PCs, acted as lead technician on large install projects.
- Cross-trained in all departments and completed required training/certifications to learn all available roles within support organization.
- Repaired desktop/laptop PCs and servers. Repaired some HP printers.
- Assisted with printer installations including requesting static IP addresses and adding devices to managed print support for monitoring.
- Utilized HP Service Desk, Remedy, and NewScale Request Center ticketing systems to manage workload and meet SLA requirements.
Email - Nic@Nicolashallanger.com