Rhodes, Greece Final day before flying out to santorini


It rained! The first wet day the locals had seen in months! And did it rain! Great excuse to linger longer at breakfast... another coffee?

Luckily we hadn’t any big plans for the day and we needed to pack and checkout from our accommodation ready for the next part of our adventure.

The heavy rain had eased by the time we headed out for a final round of the port, the beaches and more of the old town. Our last port of call was a patisserie highly recommended by our host, so with our remaining minutes, hunted down the store on the outskirts of the old town and purchased a small number of delicacies (which lost in translation and better for our health resulted in only one of each rather than the two of each we thought we had asked for)!

It was now time to collect our backpacks and catch the bus to the airport, the bus stop was only a 15min walk away, but we got drenched when the heavens opened up yet again! At the bus stop we were confronted by the typical Greek chaos, heightened by the novelty of rain, but all worked in our favour and were soon headed for the airport.

We had a scheduled 50min transit between flights in Athens and our outbound flight from Rhodes was delayed, thus making it an anxious dash back through a busier than normal security and down to the departure gate just in time to join the queue for our next flight bound for Santorini.

Santorini here we come!

Not so squeezy...
He did end up scraping the mirrors
Just for you Marcus... Take your pick... you’d look good in any one of these...
One of nine gates around the old town

Best patisserie in Rhodes

And we went with baclava!

After a bus... two flights (via Athens) and another bus...

We finally made it



Our Hotel courtesy of Cathy & Michael
From our balcony

Report Abuse

If you feel that this video content violates the Adobe Terms of Use, you may report this content by filling out this quick form.

To report a Copyright Violation, please follow Section 17 in the Terms of Use.