Requirements in TN -
- You must be both a U.S. citizen and a Tennessee resident.
- You must be 18 years old or older on the next election date.
- You must register no later than 30 days before the upcoming election.
Steps you must take -
- Complete the mail in application at least 30 days prior to Election Day
- Show up to the voting polls with the proper requirements
- Vote on the candidate you wish to vote for
Where to register -
- County clerk's office.
- Public libraries.
- Register of Deeds office.
- Department of Health (WIC program).
- Department of Human Services.
- Department of Mental Health.
- Department of Safety (Motor Vehicles Division).
- Department ofVeteran's Affairs.
Where to vote -
You can go vote in several different places around town. Many churches or schools offer voting. The best way to find out where to vote is to use the internet. Shelby county has a website where you type in your address and the closest place to vote comes up. The closest place to vote from Harding is the botanical gardens.
When to vote -
Voting takes place on Election Day which is November 8th. You can opt to early vote which allows you to vote before November 8th