Halo 2 Anniversary for the Original Xbox (XB1) will be played as a single elimination tournament with four-players competing at a time in the "Slayer" game mode. FLAN Party will follow normal Halo Championship Series rules as outlined below.
A note regarding controllers: players may bring their own controllers and use them during the tournament, however they will be responsible for ensuring that said controllers are able to pair with the tournament XB1. Four standard Xbox controllers will be made available.
- Format: Slayer, 4-Player Free For All, Single Elimination
- Only the top player of each 4-player heat will advance to the next round.
- Game map will be chosen by casting lots (FLAN Party staff will pull the map name out of a hat). Team Slayer maps include Shrine, Lockdown, and Warlord.
- Time limit: 15 minutes
- Score to win: 25
- Primary Weapon: Battle Rifle
- Secondary Weapon: None
- Motion sensor: Off
- Death Cam: Off
- Map loadouts: Off
- Weapons on Map: Default
- The top player of the final round will be declared the Winner and awarded a prize!