Come join North America’s premier timber engineering and construction company!
StructureCraft specializes in the structural engineering, design, fabrication, and erection of timber structures incorporating steel, glass, concrete, and other materials. We work with clients and architects to create carefully detailed buildings and bridge structures that break new ground in sophistication, craftsmanship, and quality. We thrive on new and challenging design concepts, materials, and construction methods. StructureCraft enjoys pushing the boundaries in complex geometry, digital fabrication, and material testing and research, and our work in this regard has been recognized internationally, including numerous awards for innovation in timber engineering and construction.
StructureCraft is seeking 3D Designers to join our team to work on some of the largest mass timber projects across North America. As we both fabricate and erect our designs, 3D Designers play a key role in our organization, acting as the hub of design information from the architect and our engineering team, and translating that information into 3D models, layout and shop drawings, and CNC files used for fabrication on our shop floor and erection on site.
- 3D modeling from conceptual phase through to fabrication, assemblies, and installation
- Design for fabrication – we build everything we design, so prototyping and close interaction with the shop floor and CNC machines is critical;
- Creation of fabrication drawings and CNC files;
- Working with fabrication crews and CNC machines to ensure models are translated accurately into human- and machine-readable information;
- Production of detailed drawings for approval, engineering, and production;
- Lead design coordination with external teams, engineers, and contractors;
- Standardization of connections, fasteners & fabrication techniques to improve production efficiency;
- Continual improvement of design & drafting process to improve efficiency and reduce design cycle times;
- Manage and prioritize tasks to meet scheduled deadlines;
- Maintaining and growing construction industry technical knowledge.
Who will you be working with?
You will be working with many of our staff, but reporting to our 3D Design & Drafting Manager.
Position terms and conditions
This is a permanent full-time position. We are headquartered in Abbotsford, BC and this role would be located at our headquarters with partial remote work possible. We offer a benefits package that includes 3 weeks vacation, extended medical, life insurance, disability insurance, and a matching RRSP program after 2 years employment.
Send your application including resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org