A radio spot is 'produced' if the radio station or an advertising agency record it for the client. You are require to produce a commercial formats which includes:
- straight read with sound effects or background music,
- dialogue, monologue (where the voice talent portrays a character, as opposed to an announcer),
- jingles, and combinations of these.
- Group members - 3 max
- Choose any existing product/service (available in market).
- Duration - 30 second length.
- Submission of final Radio spot on CD.
- Dateline: 20 March 2017, during lecture.
The Commercial MUST be have/use:
- Recording device (mic) *, no IC recorder are allow.
- Edited with audio and sound effects with minimal transition effects using Pro Tools in audio recording studio.
- Have a time limit – NO less than 15 seconds and NO more than 30 seconds.
- Submitted as a CD; meaning it should play on a CD Player.
Here you go with Pro Tools supporting materials.
Kindly split your class into 5 teams.
You are require to choose the following practical session to learn how to manage the console and set up the interface for the recording.