Important: New Accommodations Policies for MAP Assessment
NWEA has determined that, with virtually no exceptions, students should receive the same accommodations for MAP as they would for the state assessment, classroom assessments, etc. The Kansas Assessment Program (KAP) Accommodations Manual on my “Assessment” page on our internal Sharepoint site (click on the link to the left of the Daily Post).
Please make sure that any accommodations provided are those used with regularity in the classroom for any testing situation.
Summary of allowable accommodations for Mathematics and Reading for ALL students:
- Separate setting
- Extra time (even though the test is untamed, if you have a student you know has always needed a great deal of time, you might consider separate setting so the student doesn’t get an unintended message of needing to hurry)
- Single word assistance – student needs one single word pronounced (this should not be construed as reading multiple sentences – that would result in “read-aloud”)
Mathematics only: for ALL students:
- Assistance reading problems (read-aloud is much more liberal with mathematics)
- Assistance with operations (caution: any assistance of this type must use actual math terminology [example: we don’t “plus” things – we “add”])
- Allowed: saying numbers and operations
ELA – the accommodations listed in the first section for ANY student
- “Read-Aloud” — interpreted as reading more than single words to a student – is reserved for students with an IEP, 504, Student Improvement Plan, or ELL Plan where this accommodation is listed explicitly and is necessary (as determined by the IEP or SIP team) for the student to access the material.
- Following state accommodation guidelines, ‘read-aloud’ is restricted to questions and answer stems for the Reading MAP.
Make Sure to Record Your Connect with Kids Video Lessons!
Right now, the data looks as if we're not showing the CwK videos-specific to this school. November's data is going to be released directly to principals in the next few weeks. Please let admin or counselors know if you are having any problems logging in or recording lessons. Remember it IS okay to add to the video lesson with other supplemental materials. Thank you!
Wednesday Collaboration Next Week!
Winter SSRS Screening 1:45-Grade Level Advisories as usual
Equity Team Meeting 2pm-3pm, Maria Pope's Rm (after screening)
MLK Meeting-Jill’s Rm (after screening)
Not in one of those meetings? Open collaboration time after screening [some examples: lesson planning, iPad/Google classroom sharing, review of lessons with culturally relevant rubric]