Found Poetry What's the Word?
Need some ideas???
Think about the things you feel strongly about...both the positive and the negative.
Compare them to something...simile and metaphor.
- Slam dunks are basketball bullets killing opponents' dreams of a win.
- My rage is red-hot lava spewing uncontrollably from the volcano of my mouth.
Describe something intangible using sensory images, or tell what something intangible does.
- Weariness is a cement block weighing down each foot and demanding that I stop.
- Fear stalks me in the darkness, and I cannot outrun it.
Make a list. To make it pop, try starting each list with the same letter or having it rhyme.
- Moms...nagging, bragging, scolding, molding, frustrating, exasperating, wonderful, invincible... moms.