What is Asthma?
Asthma is a condition where airways swell and become narrow. In addition, they produce extra mucus making it difficult to breath. It also causes coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath. There is no cure.
What Causes Asthma?
What triggers asthma?
- Pollen, dust mites, mold, spores, pet dander, and particles of cockroach waste.
- Respiratory infections(cold).
- Physical activity.
- Cold air.
- Smoke and pollution.
- Strong emotions and stress.
- Certain medications.
- Preservatives added to some types of foods.
- GERD, condition where stomach acids come back into your throat.
How to prevent Asthma?
- No way to officially prevent asthma but you could design a plan for living with asthma and preventing attacks.
- Follow asthma action plan, asthma is a condition that needs regular monitoring and treatment.
- Get vaccinated for influenza and pneumonia.
- Identify and avoid asthma triggers.
- Monitor your breathing.
- Identify and treat attacks early.
- Take medication as prescribed.
- Pay attention to inhaler use.