Hello Husky Families,
It was another productive week that ended with skating fun at Skate World on Thursday night. What a great way to raise money for our 5th graders and spend time together as a community!
This week the Kindergartners went on a field trip to Blakes Apple Orchard, second grade went to the Detroit Zoo and 3rd grade went on a tour of Ford Field and the Renaissance Center. Please read The Husky's Howl for Jog-a-thon updates, lunch time changes, October save the dates and more!
Enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend! We look forward to seeing you bright and early Monday morning!
Lunch Schedule Change
Please take a look at the lunch times below. Some lunch times have changed. The changes have been made on the Hill Elementary School website as well.
Count Day is Wednesday
Count Day for public schools in the State of Michigan is Wednesday, October 3. We have to give an accurate count of our student enrollment to receive the appropriate funding for our schools. Please do everything you can to have your child on time and at school on Wednesday. If your child is sick, please keep them home and have him/her return when he/she is feeling better.
Our Jog-a-thon is Friday, October 5th. Parents are welcome! Please see the Jog-a-thon times below so you can come cheer on your runner!
Also, PTO could still use help on the day of the event to help make the day run smoothly. Please click the link below to sign up to help out!
Parking Lot Safety Reminders
- Please DO NOT park in the drop off line. It makes it difficult for us to keep the flow of traffic moving. If you need to get out of the car to assist your child, pleas park in the parking lot. Remember, we have safeties that will open the door for your child, if they need help opening and closing the door.
- Please pull all the way forward. It is important that you pull all the way forward as this will help get more cars into the parking lot and keep the flow of traffic morning. Once all cars have moved forward, then we will open the car for your child to get out of the car.
Box Top Deadline
The BOX TOPS submission for fall is due to classrooms on OCTOBER 1. Families should put them in a baggie and if there are more than 25, they should write the student's name on the baggie so they will be eligible for prizes. Family and/or Hill staff submissions of 25+ are eligible for prizes. (Remind the kids not to dump their baggies in the Box Tops collection pocket so we know who submitted over 25.) We have a new traveling trophy for the highest classroom submission of Box Tops. Which classroom will win this season?
Register your KROGER REWARDS card to support Hill Elementary PTO. Shop at Kroger between now and 10/12. Write your family's name and your child's teacher on the receipt. Turn it in to the teacher or the Hill office by the end of the school day on 10/12. There is a big collection envelope in the office. We'll draw for four families to win one of four $25 KROGER GIFTCARDS at our October PTO meeting. Need not be present to win. Hill staff is eligible to win, as well!
In Case of an Emergency
If you have NOT set up your child’s PowerSchool emergency card and contact information as of this date please do ASAP. This information is vital to your student, in particular in the case of an emergency or illness – we NEED this information inputted as completely as possible (adding additional contacts/ emergency phone numbers, etc.) as soon as possible so we can help you to keep your child safe here at school.
Please check your personal email for directions from the Troy School District about how to set up your account. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Halloween Costume Reminders
Halloween Costumes have been on sale at Costco since August, and if you're kids are anything like mine they have been begging you to buy them one since they arrived in stores. As you purchase costumes please keep the following in mind....
- Please do not plan a costume that is ghoulish, morbid or in any way offensive. No masks are to be worn.
- Please do not plan a costume that is excessively frightening to younger children.
- Toy guns, knives or other weapons may not be worn, even if it is a part of your child’s costume. The crowded nature of the parades and parties makes such weapons a potential hazard.
- Students may not wear their costumes OR makeup, special hair sprays, etc. to school. All costumes are to be brought to school in a bag.
MLK: Fleece Donations Needed
The district will be collecting fleece ahead of time at parent/teacher conferences for the district MLK Day of Service. TSD students will be making blankets for children, veterans, and adults in need. Please consider donating Fleece and bringing it to parent/teacher conferences in October. We will have a box in our front lobby for fleece donations.
SPECIFICS FOR FLEECE DONATIONS:
- We need donations of 2.5 yards of fleece to make finished blankets of at least 4ft x 6ft.
- The width on fleece at fabric stores is just over 4 feet, so if donors buy 2.5 yards of fleece, that would be perfect.
- If you want to send in 5 yards or 10 yards or 20 yards, that is wonderful as well—the goal is to be able to cut into 2.5 yard increments.
- Each blanket consists of two pieces of fleece—usually one solid and one printed, but you are free to donate whatever you would like.
- Fleece is on sale right now at many areas stores.
- Remember, these blankets will be used by children, veterans and adult patients, so think about patterns that would appeal to any of those groups.
Thank you so much for your support!
- TUESDAY 10/2/18 2:30 - JAT kick-off assembly
- WEDNESDAY 10/3/18 - Count Day
- THURSDAY 10/4/18 7:00pm - A.L.I.C.E. Parent Information Meeting (Smith Middle School)
- FRIDAY 10/5/18 - Hill Jog-a-Thon
- TUESDAY 10/9/18 7:00pm – A.L.I.C.E. Parent Information Meeting (Boulan Park Middle School)
- WEDNESDAY 10/10/18 7:00pm – A.L.I.C.E. Parent Information Meeting (Baker Middle School)
- THURSDAY, 10/11/18 7:00pm – A.L.I.C.E. Parent Information Meeting (Larson Middle School)
- THURSDAY, 10/18/18 7:00pm - PTO Meeting
- MONDAY, 10/22/18 - 1st, 3rd, 5th grade Troy Fire Department Fire Safety
- WEDNESDAY, 10/24/18 - 1/2 Day; Parent Teacher Conferences
- THURSDAY, 10/25/18 -1/2 Day; Parent Teacher Conferences
- WEDNESDAY, 10/31/18 - Halloween Parade & Parties
Shari Pawlus - Principal - Hill Elementary