Lava cakes. One of the most fundamental dish for any dessert enthusiast. The delectable taste of rich gooey chocolate gushing from a warm cake and already-melting vanilla ice cream together is something many agree is really heaven on a plate. Lots, however, overestimate the simplicity of this recipe, and only wait to spend a wallet's worth for one at the most high-end restaurant they can find. The fact is, lava cakes are a quick, simple, and easy to follow recipe for any beginner or advanced baker.
- 1/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 large egg and 1 large egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp flour
The ingredients you'll need are: chocolate, butter, sugar, flour, eggs, vanilla, espresso powder and olive oil/butter.
Recommended tools include a small bowl, measuring cups, a whisk, a rubber spatula, a small sheet tray and two large or three small ramekins.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray the inside of each ramekin with olive oil or cover with softened butter.
2. In a small bowl, melt the chocolate and butter together in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring the mixture in between each interval. Whisk in sugar, espresso powder and vanilla.