The Adobe Certified Expert - Adobe Experience Manager Dev/Ops Engineer exam guide provides potential candidates with information they need to prepare for the certification exam.
Adobe certification exams are developed with the participation of subject matter experts worldwide, following industry standards in developing fair and valid tests. Visit our FAQ page for more information.
Are you an Adobe partner?
An official Adobe Certified Professional, Expert or Master designation acknowledges your established expertise to help current and future business clients succeed!
Partners with a status of bronze and higher receive a 33% discount on all certification exam pricing. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your discount(s).
Where to start? Check out the Partner Learner Journey from the Adobe Solution Partner Program today.
Exam Guide Sections:
- Intended audience
- Exam information
- Minimum candidate experience
- Exam objectives and scope
- Online sample test
- Preparing for the exam
- Cloud Engineers
- AEM Developers
- Technical Managers
- System Administrators
- Infrastructure Engineers
- System Reliability Engineers
- Exam number: AD0-E106
- Exam name: Adobe Experience Manager Dev/Ops Engineer Exam
- Certificate level: Certified Expert
- Status: Active
- Available languages: English, Japanese
- Number of questions: 54
- Formats: Multiple choice and multiple select
- Duration: 108 minutes
- Delivery: Online proctored (requires camera access) or test center proctored
- Passing mark: 64.81% or 35/54 [Please note: Percentage score would only be seen on older exam scores.]
- Price: $225 USD / $150 USD (India)
Minimum Candidate Experience
At a minimum, the candidate seeking to become certified as an Adobe Experience Manager Dev/Ops Engineer has
- At least 2 years of experience installing, configuring, monitoring, operating, and troubleshooting AEM (V6.3 and higher)
- Configure Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment tasks
Familiarity with the following technologies and environments:
- Version control systems (CVS. SVN, git)
- Text editor
- Build and deployment tools (Bamboo, Jenkins, TeamCity, Travis)
Exam Objectives and Scope
Section 1: Install and Configure AEM (24%)
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate method to manager the OSGi service configurations.
- Identify the steps necessary to configure agents.
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate method to configure security.
- Identify the steps to configure authentication and authorization.
- Given a scenario, determine the appropriate method to configure environment settings.
- Given a scenario, determine the prerequisites needed for the installation of AEM instance
- Determine the appropriate method to install AEM instances
- Determine the correct method to configure segment store and data store repository.
Section 2: Troubleshoot AEM Environments (22%)
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot application level issues
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot index issues
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot OSGi issues
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot slow requests
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot JVM issues
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot caching issues
- Given a scenario, troubleshoot rights management issues
Section 3: Install and configure Dispatcher (13%)
- Determine the correct method to configure the dispatcher
- Determine the appropriate steps needed to apply the security checklist
- Identify the tasks needed to manage the dispatcher cache
Section 4: Build and Deployments (15%)
- Identify the steps to deploy AEM packages
- Determine the appropriate steps to configure a deployment pipeline with AEM packages
- Determine the correct method to manage content packages
- Identify the steps to manage a project in the code repository
- Identify the steps to set-up a build pipeline
Section 5: Maintenance and Operations (26%)
- Determine the correct method to perform a back-up and restore
- Identify the steps to perform online and offline compaction
- Identify the steps to perform AEM maintenance tasks
- Given a scenario, determine monitoring criteria and analyze reports
- Determine the correct method to remove a publish instance out of production
- Determine the correct method to clone the AEM environment
- Identify the steps to resolve the rights management issues
Online Sample Test
The sample test allows you to see the type and format of questions that you will encounter in the actual exam. There is no sign on needed. The results of the sample test are not stored, and do not predict your actual test results.
AD0-E106 Adobe Experience Manager Dev/Ops Engineer Sample Test
- Mark your answer in each question.
- Use the link “Send Comments for this Question” to provide specific feedback.
- Click Next on the upper portion of the screen to save your answer and move to the next question. You may return and revise your question within the specified time.
- On the last question, click Submit Exam to submit all your answers.
- Complete the short survey. Click Submit.
- Click “Take Me to My Results” to view your sample test result details.
Preparing for the Exam
You are not required to complete training before taking the exam, and training alone will not provide you with the knowledge and skills required to pass the exam. A combination of training and successful, on-the-job experience are critical to providing you with the repository needed to pass the exam.
Additional study materials:
AEM Sites Implementation Guide
Questions and Inquiries?
Please contact the Adobe Credential Program Customer Support team.
The content of this exam guide is subject to changes and updates. Last update December 2019