Hi, I'm Kellie, the photographer behind the lens at K Frye Photography and Bloom Boudoir. I specialize in portraiture, particularly Glamour and Boudoir. For marketing and promotion I've separated my businesses. Regardless of which option we're doing, it's my goal to take beautiful portraits of you that will inspire others to want the same. Portfolio Building sessions are sometimes called TFP (Trade for Print). This means that there's no cost to you to come to the studio. It also means that I trade photos for your time, with some restrictions. It also means that I do not pay you for your time.
Session Guidelines-What to Expect
Regardless of whether we are scheduling a Boudoir or a Glamour session the set up is the same. We will plan and style your session to create amazing images. You will come to the studio for your session which will last about 2 hours. These sessions don't include hair and makeup unless we have set that up in advance. Hiring my MUA is an option for anyone interested. The fee is $190 for full hair and makeup transformation. I will talk more about hair and makeup below.
During the session I will take a lot of photos. It is during these special sessions that I can try new set ups in the studio and experiment a bit with lighting and posing. I have a very experienced eye for editing photos and will select the best images from your session for editing. I guarantee 10 fully retouched images to all models. These are sized for the web and for print. They are loaded to DropBox and shared with you there.
All models will be required to sign a standard model release. This explains my liability and the copyright laws pertaining to my work. Portfolio building sessions are to create images that I can use online and for marketing. You will need to agree that I can use your images online in this manner. I am always considerate. If there is a photo that you hate, I will not use that online. I never use a model's name when posting online unless you would like to be tagged. This agreement includes lingerie and implied photos if we have agreed beforehand to shoot those types of photos.
I please ask that you respect my work and business when posting photos online. I appreciate being tagged on FB or IG. Please don't alter the photos with filters but use them as I have provided them to you. These images represent my business and are what others will see when deciding to book a session with me.
- Please arrive to the studio with hair and makeup ready to shoot. I always suggest heavier dramatic makeup for shooting. I love smoky eyes and fake lashes. Sephora is located only a few miles away from the studio in the Springfield Town Center. If you purchase lashes there the application is included.
- Please avoid spray tanning
- Hands are prominent in photos so make sure nails are at least neat and clean
- Roots are very visible in photos so be sure to touch up color if needed.
- Moisturize those lips! Chapped lips are no bueno!
- Please avoid highlighter and glitter makeup unless we have discussed this in advance. It is very reflective and looks weird with my studio lights.
- Please come alone to the studio. I understand models deal with a lot of weirdos and might want to bring an escort. My studio is a small cozy space where women can come to get away from it all. There is just not room for another person while shooting. If your boyfriend or escort wants to meet me prior to the session that is fine. If this is something you feel strongly about, let's talk more about it.
- Please arrive on time. If you are more than 15 minutes late I will have to cancel your session
- Please understand that I DO NOT reschedule models that cancel or don't show. I understand that life happens but I have taken time from my regular business to make time for you
- Wax or shave several days before your session
- Clear deodorant
- Please remove tags from lingerie
- Make sure face makeup matches your body tone
- Keep in mind I don't photoshop tan lines
What to Bring
- Selection of lingerie, stockings, bodysuits
- A pair of sexy shoes
- Accessories like jewelry and hats
- Clothing that is tighter rather than loose
- Dresses or tops with dramatic necklines or backs, I love strappy items
- Keep in mind color is great for photos-please don't bring all black clothing
- Don't forget the jewelry
- I love sparkles so anything with sequins is great
- Lace is in so dresses with sheer lace sleeves or bodysuits always look dramatic