What is Tesla?
- Tesla is an innovative automaker, energy storage company, and solar panel manufacturer.
- Based in Fremont, California, Tesla has spread across 4 continents and employs over 13,000 people.
- Their first car, the Tesla Roadster debuted in 2008 and sold 2,250 copies through 2012.
- As of December 2016, 186000 cars have been sold making it the second largest pure-electric automaker in the world.
- In April 2017 Tesla became the most valuable automaker in the US.
- Consumer Reports named Tesla the #1 American car brand.