It was identified from practices and feedback from staff and students that engaging students in the CQEM course team meetings provided:
- a good platform for students and staff to work as partners in discussing and suggesting action plans on how to enhance their course using the CQEM report template.
- transparency of the CQEM process.
- opportunity for course teams to know the coherence of courses from students’ point of view.
- opportunity for course teams to understand the needs and priorities of students from their courses.
- opportunity for course teams to explore students’ feedback when developing actions plans.
- The students are to be viewed as partners.
- Ensure the names of students and staff in attendance are included on the CQEM report.
- The CQEM report will be discussed as well as student feedback.
- Discuss and record actions with the students.
After the meeting:
- The course director will update the CQEM report and action plan following the meeting
- Ensure that the students are copied to receive a copy of the final report.
- An annual report on the percentage of courses where students were engaged with the course team meetings will be presented at the QUILT committee meeting by the Student Engagement Research Officer.