Stevenson finished with a 1-1 slate in its two non-conference games after falling to Bridgewater (Va.) 37-22 last Saturday. The Mustangs trailed 23-0 at halftime but pulled within one score, 30-22, in the fourth quarter. In its season opener Stevenson blanked Curry 34-0.
SCOUTING DELAWARE VALLEY
The Aggies, who check in at No. 20 in this week's D3football.com Top 25, fell to Wesley 24-18 in four overtimes in a game that was 3-3 at the end of regulation. DelVal, the MAC champion in each of the past two seasons, downed Kean 37-7 in its season opener.
- Stevenson saw a string of 67 games with at least one takeaway snapped against Bridgewater last Saturday night. Prior to that game, the last game without a takeaway was November 3, 2012 at Lycoming.
- Stevenson has made five straight postseason appearances, including an NCAA trip in 2016. Last season the Mustangs qualified for the Centennial-MAC Bowl Series, facing Susquehanna.
- Senior Chaz Lyles fourth in program history with 83 career receptions. He had eight catches in the season opener at Curry last week.
- The season-opening 34-0 shutout at Curry was the fifth in program history and the second in the last three games dating back to last season. The Mustangs blanked FDU-Florham 34-0 in last year’s regular season finale.
- Stevenson won its season opener for the first time since 2016 and is 5-4 all-time in season openers.
- Stevenson is 41-16 (.719) since the start of the 2014 season. The Mustangs are the second-winningest program in the Middle Atlantic Conference over that span, trailing only Delaware Valley.
- A win Saturday would be the 50th win in program history for the Mustang program that started in 2011. It will also be head coach Ed Hottle’s 50th win as head coach at Stevenson.
- Stevenson has won seven straight regular season road contests dating back to 2017.
- The Mustangs were picked second in the Middle Atlantic Conference preseason poll released in August behind Delaware Valley. The Mustangs earned two place votes, while the Aggies garnered nine. Lycoming, Widener and Misericordia rounded out the top five.
- Stevenson has not played an overtime game in its last 75 contests and has only played in two in its history. The last OT game came on September 8, 2012, a 29-22 loss to Albright.
- The Mustangs have never been shut out in 87 games in program history.