- Jon and Alaina Rounsaville had baby #2, Uriah David! I'm sure they would appreciate your prayers in this new venture.
- Lindsey Tones (Jocasta Nu), one of our TREK coaches, still has some sharp pain where doctors put the brain stent in her surgery earlier this year. You can pray for her grandpa JT. He's been really sick for months now.
- A great friend of mine, Benoit is losing sight in one of his eyes. He has had surgery but we do believe in miracles. Chantal lived at Benoit and Nancy's house.
Now, for the stupid thing in my Weekly. This week's word is KERFUFFLE! I wonder what it means...
Brittany will be coming in each of our environments for the 5PM service that day with some friends from a visiting church. Let's give it our best...like you always do!
Every team should think of a project for PTTR Christmas
Why: To spread the love of Jesus by serving our communities and encouraging others to do the same.
How: Serving Teams and Groups will adopt a family or community partner that has a need for the Christmas season and serve them to meet that need.
See a need and meet it. What do they have a need for?
- Food for the Holidays
- Food during the children’s school break
- Coats, Jackets, Boots, and Gloves for the kids or family
- Christmas Gifts for kids or family
- Project the family or partner needs completed
- Another area of need for the family or partner (your ideas or feedback they provide to you)
How to serve the family/Community Partner?
- Pick a family or Community Partner: A team or groups member’s friend, co-worker or even another group/serving member. Or a Community Partner that your team or group feels called to assist.
- Pick the need(s) the team or group is going to meet (scope of your project).
- Pick a day to purchase the any items/supplies to meet the need.
- Pick a day to deliver and bless the family or community partner with the items or to do the needed project.
Click Here to Log Your Hours
For Social Media
- Post on social media about your project
- Official Hashtag: #PTTRChristmas
Let's be the L.I.N.K. between someone and Jesus in this Christmas season.
Love is the purpose of my command. Love comes from a pure heart. It comes from faith that is honest and true. 1 Timothy 1:4 NIRV
L as in LOVE CONSPIRATION
How do we do this? Here's the plan. Because we love people
First, try the "3 questions to ministry" in a very conversational manner.
- Question #1: How are you and what is your name?
- Question #2: How long have you been at Lifepoint?
- Question #3: Is there something I can pray for?
Then do the second part of the plan : PRAY!
Each one of us prays with one person! We can do this. YOU can do this
Invest in TALKING. One of our cultural value is "We Fan the Flame", so we all fan the flame of passion in our children and in their parents.
I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God. 2 timothy 1:6
How do we do this? Here's the plan. Because we invest in people
1. Each one of us engages a small conversation with 1 parent by stating something positive about their child...in front of the child! It will boost both of them up.
2. Invest a compliment, something nice to say to a fellow team mate...and share with him (or her) and the rest of the team!
The things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses, entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others. 2 Timothy 2:2
Let's all find someone to pour our lives into, like great teachers, like a team mates that want the best for others. Let's pass down knowledge, passion and wisdom to a NOVICE, a younger one. It will make all of us better. One of our values is "We empower potential".
How do we do this? Here's the plan. Because we want to find a Novice near you
You're an amazing S2 ? Pass down your love of church and Jesus to a kid. You're a great team member? Pass down your passion for Christ to our Kids ann to an amazing S2! You're a Team Leader? Pass down and share your leadership skills with a team mate. You're a Jedi coach? Pass down your "Know how to do" and "Know how to be" to a Padawan.
Let's Kill it on Sunday and Christmas!!
Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. 1 Timothy 6:20
Change the name Timothy by your name. It is our privilege and responsibility to guard what has been entrusted in our care
- Our children...and other parents' children
- Our diverse environements we serve in
- Our team mates
- Our opportunities in front of us
- Our commitments to serve
How do we do this? Here's the plan. Because We, YOU will kill it !
- You will show up on time at your time of service!
- You will surely want to serve at least a couple of times for our Christmas services as this is an opportunity to help people (adults AND kids) encountering Christ.
- You will RSVP quickly to your coach as to when you will serve for Christmas. They want their schedules to be done by COB December 11.
- You will engage with the rest of our L.I.N.K.!
Let’s remind ourselves to be there at Christmas: it’s an opportunity to transform lives that we have !
- Heidi Dodson (Trek), Mia Quinn (Worship, Dive, Trek!), Kaelei Sizemore (Dive and Trek) and Will Anderson (Dive and Guest Services) took care of our leader's children Tuesday night. Thanks for your heartfelt love and joy with our young ones.
- Sarah Ahmed did great for her first time officially leading Small Group in our TREK 5PM service. Good job Tre also!
- Isaac Neil and his PM Production team, Tyler and Chase Huff rock it every week.
- Chris Lomax is always smiling, Keep it up.
- Diana Condiff and Katie Barnes are killing it in Quest. Love it
- Chad Johnson, Stephanie Harasin and Jessica Harris for Quest Large Group, just WOW. BTW, if you know someone that could be good in a Large group setting, let us know.