Upcoming Events/Important Information
- Picture Retakes - 10/08
- Vision Screening (EC1) - 10/10
- Fall Community Forum - 10/14
- Parent/Teacher Conferences - 10/30, 4:30 - 7:30 p.m. Evening session only! (CP and EC Conferences will be held together in rooms 158 & 159 in Justin Whiting Hall. Not at the CP building)
- Dual Enrollment Info Night 10/30 - 5 PM - Room 164
New Club: Activism Club!
Activism club is for people who are interested in pursuing solutions to problems that exist in the world and in government. It will include research, discussion about current events, and participation in civic engagement opportunities. This group is non-partisan and accepting of individuals' right to expression. Please come if you're interested in debate and pursuing change.
When: during Wednesday Flex blocks
Faculty Advisor: Mr. Perrotta
There will be a vision screening for 9th graders on October 10th. Vision screenings are administered for free to school-age children in grades 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9, or in conjunction with driver training classes. 10-15% of students are flagged for further follow-up by an optometrist.
Community Engagement Events
Meet with Malmquist (MwM) and Coffee & Conversation (C&C) are opportunities to meet with school leadership in an informal environment to discuss the Jackson Preparatory & Early College program for the purpose of reaching a deeper understanding of the program and help families access the full potential of the JPEC opportunity. We will alternate hosting the events between the two buildings to provide opportunities for our parents to participate. We welcome both your participation and feedback.
Our first Coffee & Conversation is scheduled for Thursday, October 10th from 8-8:45 am at Justin Whiting Hall in room 158. Topic: SAT Prep and Impact
Our Fall Community Forum has been scheduled for Monday, October 14th from 6:15 - 7:45 pm at the Jackson District Library Carnegie Branch in the auditorium. The meeting will be an opportunity for parents to discuss strengths and opportunities for the JPEC Community with District Leadership. Topics include: EF Tour travel opportunities, Schoology Update, and the Turkey Bowl.
Please join us for Schology information sessions to learn how to understand the parent dashboard, link student accounts, and engage in your student’s education via Schoology. For more information and dates: https://www.jacksonpec.org/Core/News/Article/1182
Every Wednesday, JPEC will offer Klavon's pizza for $2 a slice. Pizza will be available just outside the school store, which will still be open to allow for drinks or snacks to be purchased.
Parent Advisory Committee Update
We need your help in getting the Turkey Bowl Fundraiser a success. Please mark your calendars for November 22nd and save the date. We are also seeking support for our Turkey Bowl Committee. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on getting involved.
Three Different Travel Opportunities at JPEC!
Amendment: Registration actually ends October 11th. Please see Mrs. Ortell ASAP if interested.
- Come spend five days exploring the world of STEM in Florida! We are going to three different Disney parks, the Kennedy Space Center, and exploring a state park! Contact Ms. Lloyd at email@example.com if you have any questions. Go to this link to watch a video and learn more! https://worldstrides.com/itineraries/florida-science-in-motion/
- Interested in traveling internationally while earning college credits? Find out about upcoming trips to Great Britian, as well as a four city tour of London, Paris, Florence, & Rome! To learn more, please email Ms. Shirk at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need to make college schedule adjustments, JC Navigator to JPEC, Chris Kimball can be scheduled with by following this link: www.jccmi.edu/chris
Chris's normal office hours are Thursdays, from 1 - 3 PM in the main office.
Yearbooks Available For Pickup and Limited Amounts for Sale
For those who ordered yearbooks, they are now available for pickup from Ms. Shirk in JW 158.
If you missed ordering, there are limited amounts of yearbooks available for sale in the main office for $60. Each copy is over 80-pages and is hardbound.
Have a great week!