An Integral Part Of Fayetteville's History Since 1805.
Elias “Sanford” Palmer (1741-1821), of Stonington, CT, was a direct descendant of Walter Palmer (1585-1661), a co-founder of Stonington who had immigrated from England in 1629. Sanford was a Patriot in the Revolutionary War, serving as Lieutenant in the NY Campaign in 1776. Following his service he purchased a soldier's right of 600 acres in Manlius, NY. One of Sanford’s 11 children, Charles, relocated from Stonington, CT to settle on one-half of that acreage in 1805 with his wife, Asenath Main Palmer, and her parents. Sanford then followed seven years later in 1812 at the age of 71.
The Palmer Homestead in existence today began as the wooden structure in the rear portion of the building and the front brick structure was added by Charles and Asenath in 1825. The home was continuously occupied by Palmer descendants for over 150 years.
Continuing to Stand Strong and Proud.
Today, Palmer Homestead continues to stand strong and proud at 7189 E Genesee Street in Fayetteville, NY on a 1-acre lot.
In 2017-2018, the property's current owner, Revive Syracuse Home Rescue LLC, rescued the aged stately structure with a top-to-bottom renovation; refitting it for a renewed purpose that will sustain it long into the future.
Major renovations were completed in Q2 2018 and the property is available for immediate occupancy.
Professional Office Space
The professional office portion of this building is ~2,350 sf on two floors of fully restored high-ceiling class A space.