- 1939 - 1945
- Allies (US, GB, RUSSIA) vs. Axis (GERMANY, JAPAN, ITALY)
- U.S. Entered war in 1941 - Pearl Harbor (Dec. 7th)
- Two front War for US and Germany
- Complete Warfare - 10% Fight, 90% production
Background - Setting the Stage
The Great War - ( War World I) 1914 -1918
"War to end all Wars..." Us enters - 1918.
RESULT: Triple Entrente Wins - Losers Suffer
Post-War Germany vs. Post- War US
Wide-Spread Economic Depression
Germany left to pay millions in reparations. (Reparations - the making of amends for a wrong one has done, by paying money to or otherwise helping those who have been wronged.)
Loss of Territory
Germany lost territory after the war, which took away areas of commerce and industry.
The United States
Amendment - Hold on, Wait a Minute..
STOCK MARKET CRASHES - Black Tuesday
The Great Depression
Herbert Hoover - Founder of Hoovervilles
The Rise of Power
Rise of Nazi Germany
Why The Rise?
- Loss of territory
- Sense of need
- Search for power/leadership
War Begins - September 1, 1939
Blitzkrieg- Lightening War
- Poland - Quick, artillery assault.
- Medevil vs modern. Horse vs. tank.
Defend Your Honor : Great Britain
A Worldly Crisis
- U.S.? - Lend-Lease. No thanks to fight again.
Europe - December 5, 1941
December 7, 1941
A day that will live in infamy.
Declaration of War - Empire of Japan.
- Two front war : Pacific and Europe
- Revenge for Pearl Harbor
- Save Europe from itself
- 1942-1945: Total Warfare.
- Pacific Theatre Focus.