Littleton officially became a town on March 8, 1890, and became an incorporated City in 1959. It wasn’t until 1963 that the City of Littleton had an official town seal. Designer Paul Kucharyson, a ring and jewelry designer from Denver spent between 24-30 hours designing the seal. Represented at the center of the seal is a shield with symbols significant to Littleton. These symbols include the Courthouse cupola, a farmer with tools, a cowboy on a bucking bull (representing the Little Britches Rodeo), and for the city’s involvement in the missile industry, a torch surrounded by electron orbits. This logo was used until the 1970s, when changes to the logo were made.
#ShareLittleton #ThrowbackThursday #TBT #LittletonHistory
(From the collection of the Littleton Museum. May not be reproduced in any form without permission from the Littleton Museum.)