- March 1-14 Benchmarks continue-contact Van Hoffman for assistance and questions
- March 7- SAT testing during school day
- March 8- Proctor/Examiner Training for the Writing SOL in the lecture hall
- March 15- 1/2 day for students
- March 16- Professional Development day-All faculty/staff attend-No students
- March 19- Short Paper testing for small group of 10th grade students in N102
- March 20- Multiple Choice Writing SOL (10th grade and Seniors)
- March 21- Short Paper Writing SOL (10th grade and Seniors)
- March 22-23 Writing SOL Make-up dates
- March 30-Principal's Coffee/Cabinet
- April 2-6 SPRING BREAK!!!!
March Benmark Calendar
All teachers should review the March testing calendar and rosters. We need to make sure every student on this list is aware of their test dates and location. Passess will go out on the day of testing. During testing dates please assist in halls during class changes to keep noise down.
We need silence if possible. Let's support our students by discussing the noise rules with all our classes about testing areas, noticing the yellow testing signs, and not talking in the testing areas.
NOTICE THIS SIGN AND KEEP QUIET!!!!
We have to work together to keep the appropriate environment available for our testing students.
All teachers are affected by testing. Please be sure to review the calendar for room use. Some teachers will be reporting to alternate locations during their regular classes. Some teachers will be providing class coverage for a teacher that is administering the SOL test. Full school support is needed during all SOL testing.
Afterschool Review available
Many teachers have started after school review sessions. It is not too late to submit a plan to Dr. Garrett and join the after school gang to better prepare the students for SOL testing and AP Testing. We have the Extended Opportunities Grant available to compensate you for you time. Please let us know if you are interested.
Extended Learning Calendar
Resources coming together
I invite all teachers to share with me anything that they want added to make this resource even better. Please use this resource with any student when they have finished other work and need extra review. There are tons of great links that will keep students up to date on the SOL standards.