- March 2-3 Intersession Break
- March 6 Everyone Returns
- March 8 Proctor/Examiner Training for the Writing SOL
- March 13 Multiple Choice Writing SOL (10th grade and Seniors)
- March 14 Short Paper Writing SOL (10th grade and Seniors)
- March 15-16 Writing SOL Make-up dates
- March 20-30 Benchmark testing (See printable schedule below)
- March 31 End of 3rd Quarter (1/2 day for students)
Using RAM to review for SOL testing
During February RAM Review plans were created to help establish interventions based on strands. Each Department chair met with academic coaches and developed a plan for the next five weeks. Please utilize this time to pull students based on needs and implement the plan over the month of March.
Afterschool Review available
Many teachers have started after school review sessions. It is not too late to submit a plan to Dr. Richardson and join the after school gang to better prepare the students for SOL testing and AP Testing. We have the Extended Opportunities Grant available to compensate you for you time. Please let us know if you are interested.
Extended Learning Calendar
Resources coming together
This past month I put together a one stop review resource shop. I invite all SOL content teachers to share to make this resource even better. Please use this resource in RAM when students have finished other work. There are tons of great links that will keep students up to date on the SOL standards.