What is a Chromebook?
A Chromebook is a laptop of a different kind. Instead of Windows 10 or Mac OS X, Chromebooks run Google's Chrome OS.
- A chromebook has a screen,a keyboard, and a touch pad just like a regular laptop.
- You can use a chromebook to do just about everything you do in a normal web browser like checking your email,Facebook,watching videos,creating simple docs, and a whole lot more.
- A chromebook desktop looks pretty familiar to the desktop of a regular windows or Mac computer if you've ever used one before.
- Whenever you open an application on a chromebook, it will appear in a new browser tab.
- You can install a new software on your chromebook by using chrome web store.
- You can unlock the sign in screen by using your google account.
- You can also choose to browse as a guest.
- The chromebooks desktop contains apps, change settings, browse the Internet, and more.
What is the internet?
- The Internet can be whatever we make it. We can shape it. We can mold it. But most importantly, we can use it to connect people, communities, and countries around the world.
- You'll have access to email, news, shopping, TV shows, and much more.
- Dial-up connects to your phone line. It's usually much slower than other types of internet connections , but in some areas it may be the only option available.
- DSL and Cable are better options because DSL plugs into your phone line, and cable uses your cable TV connection.
- DSL and cable are known as broadband internet connection.
- DSL and cable offer much faster speeds than dial-up.This makes it easier to watch videos, play games,or browse the web.
- 3G and 4G are types of wireless internet connection often used by smartphones.
- No matter what kind of internet service you choose, you'll need to purchase it from an internet server provider (ISP).
Introduction To Internet Safety
Social network is a big part of your life. These days social computing accounts for 22% of time spent online.
- cyber attacks: there are a variety of ways that cyber criminals can lure you into spam.
- one way is to contact you with the promise of a large sum of money.
- If you simply provide your bank account number.
- Phishing: Phishing is just what it sounds like,fishing for information.
- the bait often comes in the form of a link to a fake web page.
- If the culprits have your log in information they can access your account, so be careful don't type in any of that.
- Malware: it is always dressed up as something you actually want. But, it is not what you think.
- when you click on a pop up ad, that's malware in disguise,software downloads to your computer.that can cause all sorts of trouble.
ways to avoid spam
- Think before you click.
- Don't ever share private or personal information with someone you don't know.
- keep your antivirus software,browser, and privacy setting up to date.
- use different log-ins and password for each of your accounts
Creating strong passwords
- Use a longer password,it should be at least 6 characters long.
- avoid using words that can be found in the dictionary.
- you can addnumbers and symbols to make them harder to guess
- Random word are the strongest.
- attackers don't just guess password they use computer programs to guess passwords for them.
- they can guess million password in a second.
- password made with 6 or more character will be extremely hard to guess.
- examples of good passwords are : CtBsEr , jellly22fi$h , $m3llycat
Rectangle: draw rectangular faces from corner to corner.
push up/down: push and pull face entities to sculpt 3D models
Orbit ;orbit the camera view about the model.
pencil: draw edges from point to point.
eraser tool : erase soften or smooth entities int he model
move tool: move stretch copy and aray selected antities