In reality, businesses adopt many different marketing strategies in order to capture the consumer's attention, from which sales are hopefully made. Because of this, it is important for a business to come up with different ways to promote and sell their products.
In this lesson, you will analyse how a company's marketing activities have influenced its sales levels. To do this, we will look at a couple of successful marketing strategies: Grill'd and the Movember campaign.
- What product is the advertisement promoting?
- What message is the ad trying to communicate?
- What features of this ad make it effective in persuading consumers to buy the product?
- Describe the target market that this product is marketed towards.
- What is the purpose of this ad?
- How does the ad persuade consumers to purchase this product?
The company and the campaign behind the advertisement
1. Describe the 'three-pronged' approach that Magnum & Co took to promote the Grill'd Superbun.
2. Was this approach effective? How do you know?
3. Why do you think social media was an important element of this ad campaign?