Fall 2019 Recruiting Season Dates
On-Campus Recruiting Requests & Campus-Wide Career Fair Registrations Open
Our fall recruiting season opened on Wednesday, May 1, 2019. Make your requests and registrations on Handshake today!
We're kicking off the fall recruiting season on Tuesday, September 10, 2019 with InterviewPREP! This FREE event allows you to conduct behavioral practice interviews with students and increase your visibility across our campus. Breakfast and lunch are also provided!
On-Campus Recruiting Season Timeframe
- Monday, September 23, 2019
Three Room Max:
- Thursday, September 19, 2019
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019
- Wednesday, September 25, 2019
View the university's academic calendar to best plan your upcoming recruiting season here at JMU!
Campus-Wide Career Fair
Monday, September 23 or Tuesday, September 24, 2019
Boutique Career Fairs
CISE Career & Internship Fair: Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Nurse Recruitment Day: Thursday, September 26, 2019
Employer Drive-In Conference:
Recruiting within the Community and Culture of JMU
Register on Handshake for our fourth annual conference on Thursday, August 15 in JMU's new Hotel Madison!
Gain valuable insight on building your brand, taking your recruiting strategy to the next level, and collaborating with valuable contacts across campus.
- Check-in & Breakfast: 9:00am-9:30am
- Welcome: 9:30am-9:45am
- Keynote: The Community and Culture of JMU, Dr. Tim Miller, Vice President of Student Affairs: 9:45am-10:15am
- Break: 10:15am-10:30am
- Faculty Panel: 10:30am-11:30am
- Lunch & Tours of the Interview Center and Hotel Madison: 11:30am-1:00pm
- Roundtable Discussions: 1:00pm-1:45pm
- Break: 1:45pm-2:00pm
- Navigating Ethical & Diverse Recruiting On Campus: 2:00-2:45pm
- Closing: 2:45pm-3:00pm
Join our Partners Program!
Our Partners have access to all of the below recognition by making an annual gift to the Career & Academic Planning department, based on the organization's size and status.
- Small Organizations: less than 100 employees
- Start-Ups: less than 3 years in business
- Mid-Size Organizations: more than 100 and up to 500 employees
- Large Organizations: more than 500 employees
- 501(c)3 Organizations/Government Agencies: $500.00
- Small Organizations/Start-Ups: $1,000
- Mid-Size Organizations: $2,500
- Large Organizations: $5,000
We recognize our partners by:
- featuring their logo on Career & Academic Planning's website
- highlighting their logo in Career & Academic Planning's employer newsletter once per semester
- highlighting their logo in Career & Academic Planning's student newsletter once per semester
- providing complete, FREE promotional support of their opportunities (Career & Academic Planning's Employer Marketing Coordinator will design promotional materials—e.g. flyers, digital display slides—track applicants and RSVPs, and disseminate promotion—e.g. Handshake pins, target emails, digital display boards—across JMU for your on-campus interviews and recruiting events.)
- providing advanced access to scheduling on campus interviews each semester
- offering 1 FREE Campus-Wide Career Fair registration for the academic year with up to 6 employee representatives, preferred parking, and preferred placement
- offering the opportunity to engage with the CAP Student Advisory Board
- offering up to 2 representatives to attend the annual Employer Drive-In Conference for FREE
- providing a start-of-the-year recruiting strategy conference with Employer Services staff to coordinate collaborative efforts and discuss engagement options
Contact Laura Hickerson, Assistant Director of Employer Engagement, at email@example.com.
Strategize Your Recruiting Efforts
Schedule a consultation call, so we can assist you with building upon your recruiting initiatives in order to bring more Dukes to your team.
Topics of discussion include the following:
- Handshake Job Postings
- On-Campus Interviews
- Career Fairs
- Recruiting Events
- Employer Drive-In Conference
- Classroom and Student Organization Presentations
- Faculty Collaboration
- and more!
Promote Your Opportunities
Partner with us to promote your company, positions, and upcoming events!
Types of promotion include the following:
- Handshake Pin
- Target Email
- Blog Post
- Digital Display Slide
- and more!
Let us know in the request which majors, class levels, etc. you would like your promotion to target, and we will strategically spread the word across campus.
Thank you for recruiting our JMU Dukes!
We look forward to having you on campus this upcoming fall recruiting season or sooner at our Employer Drive-In Conference.
Connect with us:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.