4. Clean up after your pets.
5. Minimize bare ground.
6. Limit public access along stream banks (have designated ramps or recreational areas to limit area of disturbance).
7. Monitor outdoor water usage to make sure there are no leaks or excessive watering when using sprinklers on an automated system.
8. Practice proper pesticide & fertilizer use:
9. Don’t dump hazardous materials down storm drains or toilets; dispose of old pesticides, medicines & other hazardous materials at local collection events.
For more information, visit: