More than a decade since the 2006 Recommendation in a radically changed world, the Commission proposes a revision of the European Reference Framework for Key Competences, as those required today have changed; international data indicate a constantly high proportion of adolescents andadults with insufficient basic skills. It is therefore more important than ever to invest in basic skills. Among the main objectives the European Commission highlights the following:to support the development of entrepreneurial skills to develop essential skills and attitudes,including creativity, initiative, teamwork, an understanding of risk and a sense of responsibility
The partner schools have intended to respond to this need by structuring a work that uses the Spirit of initiative and entrepreneurship as a driving force to develop the other key competences.
The central objective of the project consists in the research of teaching methodologies and strategies to allow young people, with particular regard to those in disadvantaged situations, to develop the key competences indicated by the EU. It is also proposed to improve the quality of early childhood education, as specialist studies show that this favors the whole process of lifelong learning, and allows to reach higher levels of competences, especially on pupils in clear disadvantged situations.
The concrete results that we aim to produce are:
- raising the levels of competence in pupils (to be measured with common and shared evaluation rubrics)
- reduction of the statistical dispersion of the levels of competence and decrease of the percentage of students in the lower levels
- equip teachers with teaching tools aimed at improving key competences, summarized in a Manualof Good Practices
Maps of key word:
- Map readings and plans
- Selection of emblematic sites of the cities; visit of some of them
- Discovery of professions related to tourism
- Discovery of some important works in each emblematic site
- Research in history and in the history of art
- Comparison of means of transport
- Creating a city tour