- 7,000 plants from rainforests are used for medicinal purposes
- Many foods that we eat today are found in rainforests such as: bananas, coffee beans, etc.
- Some trees and resources from rainforests are chopped down or used illegally
- Much of Africa's and Asia's rainforests have already been destroyed
- Rainforests control climate of the earth by taking in the carbon dioxide we breathe out, however deforestation increases the temperature when there is too much carbon dioxide
The Causes of Rainforest Destruction. www.rainforestinfo.org.au/background/causes.htm.
The Effects of Rainforest Depletion on Animals. animals.mom.me/effects-rainforest-depletion-animals-7820.html.
Rainforest Snakes. www.allaboutwildlife.com/rain-forest-snakes.
Rainforest Solutions. rainforests.mongabay.com/1001.htm.
Rainforest Threats. www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/habitats/rainforest-threats/.
Sloth Population. prezi.com/olx70g5dmxna/sloth-population-and-deforestation/.
“The Disappearing Rain Forests.” Rain-tree.com, 1996, www.rain-tree.com/facts.htm#.WOvPR2wUWUk. Accessed 10 Apr. 2017.
“How Does Deforestation Affect Orangutans?” Scientificamerican.com, 2017, www.scientificamerican.com/article/deforestation-and-orangutans/. Accessed 12 Apr. 2017.
Rainforestconcern.org. 2008, www.rainforestconcern.org/rainforest_facts/why_are_they_being_destroyed/. Accessed 10 Apr. 2017.