I THINK THAT CHANGING THE WORLD REQUIRES COURAGE
- I think that changing the world requires courage because if you don't have courage ,then how are you supposed to even try? It can also be known as TAKING A RISK AND POSSIBLY NEEDING TO BE CREATIVE AND THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX:)
- Also, I think that courage can be the answer because if you want to do something but you are too shy, COURAGE IS THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!
- My supporting evidence #1: Rosa Parks was brave to sit in the front of the bus and didn't give up her seat to a white man during a time when white and black people weren't treated equally.She got kicked off the bus and for weeks black people did not take the bus, so the bus company lost a lot of money. She started the Civil Rights Movement.
- My supporting evidence #2: Malala Yousafzai was a 10 year old girl in Pakistan. She loved school. The Taliban took over the country and said that women could no longer go to school. Malala wrote a blog about how unfair it was. The Taliban were not happy with Malala. Malala was told to stop speaking out and got death threats. One day after school, on October 9, 2012, Malala was taking the bus home. Suddenly, a man with a gun boarded the bus and shot Malala in the head . She was unconscious for a week, but survived. She continued to speak up about education for women.
I think that changing the world requires Time and EFFORT
- I think that changing the world requires time and effort. Time because it takes time to change something big, especially when you are trying to change the WORLD! Effort because you need to have effort to change the world because if you don't have effort, then you can't put hard work into your plan or project.
- My supporting evidence #1:Jane Goodall is an expert on wild chimpanzees. Recognized for her amazing discoveries about their behaviour – she discovered that chimpanzees make tools, eat and hunt for meat, and have many similarities to humans. She completely changed our understanding of our closest relative in the animal kingdom. She went and lived all by herself in the forest for 45 years.
- My supporting evidence #2: African Americans used to be slaves in the United States. Many of them tried to escape. Many people left the southern USA to travel secretly in the underground railroad that people helped create. This was very dangerous and required lots of time and effort. They would travel for months and months while hiding in barns and shacks. It took effort to create the underground railroad and to travel through it.
CHANGING THE WORLD REQUIRES FAILURE
Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin by looking into why his experiment went wrong. He left an experiment by a window and it got covered by mold. It was a failure. However, he used his failure to discover the first antibiotic that saves and saved people's lives.
UNDERSTANDING THE IMPACT OF YOUR ACTIONS
- Understanding the impact of your actions is very important. If you watch the video in my supporting evidence, you will see that the Amazon rainforest is a rainforest right now, but if people don't rethink what they are doing rainforests could turn into deserts!
- My supporting evidence #1:https://standfortrees.org/en/
- My supporting evidence #2:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DII9M6ZauYk
BRAVERY, COURAGE, TIME, EFFORT, FAILURE AND UNDERSTANDING THE IMPACT OF YOUR ACTIONS ARE ALL REQUIRED TO CHANGE THE WORLD