Thank God for Linda Weber, our CWC missionary to Lamorlaye, France!
Please pray for:
- Permission to use the Lamorlaye chapel for a new church Linda is helping plant.
- This week's church service, which will be held in Linda's home. Pray her acquaintances will say ‘yes’ to her invitation and actually come to her home to worship and encounter God perhaps for the first time.
- The Gospel Ladies' Choir, Harmony, which Linda leads. Pray for Angelica to grow in Christ, and for the other women, many of whom don't yet know Christ.
Praise God for our short-term construction mission trip to Juarez, Mexico!
- The team was able to serve & grow, both practically & spiritually!
- They were able to complete the requested work (finishing a 2nd bathroom to prepare the church for mission teams 2 weeks later), plus mud, sand, and paint the bedroom, kitchen, 1st bathroom and part of the sanctuary!
Praise God for the Nolan & Marie Schockey and their ministry training Mexican pastors & leaders in Juarez, Mexico!
One recent new avenue of ministry is serving migrants coming to Juarez and hoping to enter the United States. Servant Senders has been invited by the government to bring food, drinks, and prayer to the migrant center. Please pray for their plans to provide respite care to the 12 churches sheltering the migrants.
Another new ministry is praying for the soldiers (similar to our National Guard) helping the police secure the border. The Servant Senders' pastors-in-training already go weekly to give devotions to the police. The police told the new soldiers that these men will come and pray with them and give a word every week, presenting Servant Senders' ministry as a part of this station. God's grace has allowed them a door of effective ministry in a place where they were told it is illegal to mention God.
Please pray for:
- Nolan's health, as he is having problems with his blood pressure again.
- Pastor Jose Luis to get a motorcycle (about $800) so he can get to the police station in time for morning devotions. There isn't any public transportation that early.
- Favor from the government so they do not have to update all their men's license plates to comply with a new law. Each car would cost about $1000, which is worth more than the cars.
Thank God for answered prayers for the young adult team that did youth outreaches in Germany last month! They were able to meet and talk to lots of people during street and sports outreaches!
Please pray for these individuals - that the Holy Spirit will continue to minister to them, that God will send others to share the Gospel with them, and that they will be saved!
Please pray for:
- Reasom - a refugee from Sudan, Reasom is struggling to learn German so he can work to support himself. Pray he joins the Christian immigrant church.
- Muhammed - a young Muslim who played basketball with the team. Pray that Samuel, a German church leader, will be able to reconnect with him , and that Muhammed will come to church and accept Jesus.
- Sebastian & Jonathan - two young men the team has ministered to for several years. Pray they will be saved.
Also please keep praying for preparation for short-term Calvary Worship Center teams visiting Juarez, Mexico, to assist the pastors training with Marie & Nolan Schockey!
Pray for our High School team, which will go July 21-27 to provide games and crafts for 2 neighborhood Vacation Bible Schools! Please pray for continued preparation for the cultural and spiritual challenges they will face there!
A team is also scheduled for late fall to do a Car Repair Clinic to train and support the pastors. Serving with other clinics such as crafts is also a possibility.
Please pray for CWC members to hear the call to "Go into all the world and preach the Gospel", and to respond by either praying, sending, or going!
For more information on how to support or participate in a short-term mission trip, please email email@example.com!
Mark your calendars! Scott & Christina Hoffman from His Safe Haven will be with us August 1-4. Meet them after services at Westside CWC or join us for the Missions Potluck at a home in NW Colorado Springs on Friday, August 2, from 5:30-7:30 pm. Sign up online at https://cwc.ccbchurch.com/goto/forms/137/responses/new or in the Life Center!
Praise God for 15 years of Pastor & Mama Karau's ministry in Mathare Valley Slum! They celebrated the 15th anniversary of Mathare Worship Centre on May 18th!
Praise God they were able to celebrate on their new land, the future home of Mathare Worship Centre!
- Pray that God will bless Project Nuru, fundraising for the new building.
- Pray for approval of the building plans from the City Council of Nairobi.
- Pray for their women's conference, which is planned for August. Ask God for the plans to come together smoothly, and for many women to be able to come and worship and grow in Christ.