Praise God for His Safe Haven, serving children & families with special needs in Gbarnga, Liberia!
Thank God for all the progress on His Safe Haven Village! They are finishing up 6 homes for the 6 foster moms & 18 children, plus a community center that includes a communal kitchen, medical clinic for the children & local school, plus therapy areas. Their previous homes were scattered in a community that was often discriminatory and hostile toward the children and caregivers. Now they are safe & happy!
Praise Him also for the fruitful medical ministry! His Safe Haven sends out mobile medical clinics into the bush, sharing the Gospel with every patient. Most have not heard the Gospel, and most have no other access to health care. Many have been blessed with physical healing, plus the eternal healing of salvation!
His Safe Haven founders Scott & Christina Hoffman will be with us August 1-4. Meet them after services at Westside CWC or join us for the Missions Potluck at a home in NW Colorado Springs on Friday, August 2, from 5:30-7:30 pm. Sign up below or in the Life Center!
Please pray for:
- Heart changes in families & the culture of Liberia to value these children!
- New partners with His Safe Haven to use their gifts to bless the "least of these".
- A painting or construction short-term mission team to go to Liberia and finish the compound.
- Finances to secure the land around the village with secure fencing. This will enable His Safe Haven to make the compound more sustainable and safe.
- Financial partners to assist with rising food & staffing costs.
Praise God for the ongoing work of Mike, our missionary to the Middle East! We're thankful there are continued open doors to minister to the Yezidi refugees in Northern Iraq.
- Two Iraqi pastors are visiting Colorado Springs in August. These men have great passion & compassion and have sacrificed much, even risking their lives, to help the oppressed. If you can add a church service to your weekend, meet them and hear their stories at Rocky Mountain Calvary Chapel on Saturday, August 3 at 6 pm, and Sunday, August 4 at 9 or 11.
Please pray for the 24 teens in Hope's Promise Sanctuary of Hope! Some are struggling with school, both academically and socially. Please pray for them to turn to God and draw on His strength to deal with the challenges of daily life!
Please pray for Mathare Worship Centre's Daycare Program, which cares for about 40 children from the neighborhood so their parents can work! Pray for good jobs for the parents and for the staff and children to have joyful, peaceful times at the daycare!
Thank God for Bob & Esperanza's successful trip to Colombia last month! They were able to teach 2 pastors conferences - one in La Belleza and one in Bogota.
Please continue to pray for Bob as he travels to Vicente Guerrero every other week. This month, please pray for Neri & Ricardo, 2 Mexican pastors learning Biblical Theology. Pray that they will live Colossians 3:16 - "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God."
Please continue to pray for Jeff & Naomi Cuozzo in Bath, England, & Tikvah, their outreach to Israeli youth! They have been hosting 7 young adults who recently graduated from the Israeli Defense Forces. Many Christians struggle during these years of intense interactions and often suffer persecution from both Jews and secularists. Pray for these youths as they finish up the Tikvah program in England:
- that God will restore anything that is broken in their lives. (I Peter 5:10 - "And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.")
- that any hidden sins or shame will come to light & be met with grace. (James 4:7-10 - "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.")
- that they will return to Israel strengthened and ready to live fully for Christ!