Class of 2021
OLP Senior Portrait Guide
Welcome to Robyn Scherer Photography!
My theme for my Seniors is "Embrace YOU!" Embrace all that your senior year has in store for you because you are constantly becoming.
Welcome! I'm Robyn and I am excited to create your Senior Portraits! Your Senior Portrait sitting will be 10 minutes. In that 10 minutes, we will take your yearbook photo and then have some fun creating some candids. Even though your sitting time is short, I want your session to be a time where you feel appreciated but most of all, you feel glamorous - the best version of yourself!
I realize that you have waited a long time to be a Senior and each milestone is special. So, let's make the most of our time together. Each of you brings something special to the shoot. You are smart, gorgeous and unique. Let's capture THAT in photographs!
What to Wear
- Dresses: should be modest, not too low cut, no dresses more than four inches above the knee, not too tight, no strapless, spaghetti straps or off the shoulder. Please note: Appropriate dress and pose is subject to administrative review. If either are deemed inappropriate according to OLP guidelines, a retake will be scheduled and you will be responsible for an additional sitting fee per OLP.
- PLEASE NO SPRAY TANS. The color gets between your fingers and, if not applied EXACTLY per instructions, can MOST times NOT be edited out. Your normal skin tone will look fantastic in the photographs.
- CLEAN nails. A pretty coat of paint or none at all.
- Don't stray too far from your personal style. Ideally you want to arrive to the session as the absolute BEST version of you.
- Solid colors tend to work best because it leaves the focus on YOU. Stay away from neon colors as they cast shades of color on your face. If you have dark hair, stay away from dark tops as your hair tends to blend in.
- Give your outfit a test run. Make sure you can move around with ease. Make sure you feel great in the outfit because if you don't, you will see it in the photographs. Snap a couple of pics of yourself to make sure you like what you see.
- ALWAYS wear the proper undergarments for your outfits. No bra straps showing. Keep it classy! Remember: you want your portraits to be timeless and classic.
Makeup and Hair
- Shape your brows. If you don't want them professionally done, think about grooming them a bit as they frame your gorgeous eyes!
- Think about having your hair and makeup done. I can recommend makeup artists and hair stylists. You will love what being pampered brings to the portraits.
- If you don't like a lot of makeup, have them do a "natural" look. If you like glam, lashes always add a pop if you choose to wear them.
- Pick a lipstick or lipgloss color that will work with your outfit. Even if you don't wear lipstick/gloss in your day to day life, wear it for your session. You'll be surprised how much of a difference it makes. And, BRING YOUR LIP COLOR TO THE SESSION. You'll want to bring makeup to touch up with as well.
- Very Important: Don't try dramatic, new hairstyles or cuts before your Senior Pictures. Sleek hair and romantic waves photograph really well. *Be sure to bring your brush to the session.
- Sidenote: If you get hair and make up done, wear a button down shirt so that it slips effortlessly over your head when you change.
Robyn Scherer Photography