Advanced Graphic Design I will provide students with an opportunity to take the skills they learned in Intro to Graphic Design and apply them to the creation of standard print design projects. In this advanced class students will continue to use Photoshop and InDesign while diving deeper into the basics of Adobe Illustrator. Students will apply the basic skills learned in the intro level course to higher-level thinking and more in depth projects. Students will learn about typography, packaging design, visual identity & branding, book & magazine layout, poster and promotional design, all while continuing to strengthen their skills with the Adobe visual design suite.
Note: The first term focuses special attention to learning the Adobe Illustrator CC program, while the second term will focus on creating solutions to standard graphic design projects.
- Students will be able to demonstrate strong proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Students will proficiently apply the elements and principles of design to the creation unique print design projects.
- Students will begin to develop an individual design portfolio.
Programs Used in Classroom:
- Adobe Photoshop CC 2019
- Adobe Illustrator CC 2019
- Adobe InDesign CC 2019
Materials Provided by Students:
- Designated class folder on desktop
- Flash Drive