GradVantage for the class of 2018 provides a targeted, personalised and enhanced two-year Employability and Enterprise support offer for new Sheffield Hallam graduates. Get help to make that transition from your studies to your first job after university
The GradVantage offer includes:
- Three one-to-one coaching appointments
- The Hallam Internship scheme
- Webinar Wednesdays
- GradVantage Conference (27th March 2019)
Scroll down to find out more.
GradVantage offers you:
Up to 3 one-to-one coaching appointments
Up to 3 expert one-to-one coaching appointments with an Employability Adviser in person, by phone or via Skype or Facetime
- careers guidance
- job search
- CV support
- application forms
- practice interviews with constructive expert feedback
- recruitment agencies - help to match you with a company looking to employ a graduate
The Hallam Internship Scheme 2019
The University is offering a paid Internship Scheme to support Sheffield Hallam University graduates who have completed an undergraduate course in 2018. The scheme offers a £2,000 bursary to cover 200 hours of work. This internship can be full or part-time (minimum 25 hours per week).
The options you can access are:
- Apply once to be considered for a wide range of paid internships with local employers - click here to view the live vacancies
- You can source your own internship with an employer and apply for the funding
- Apply for The Hallam Graduate Start-up Scheme which provides bursaries that are specifically available to graduates who are keen to set-up their own commercial or social enterprise ventures
Who can apply?
- You must be a recent graduate (2018) from Sheffield Hallam University
- You must be able to commit to the timeline set up by the Hallam Internship Scheme team [Timelines may vary for the Hallam (Graduate) Start-up Scheme]
- You must be able to confirm you are legally entitled to work in the UK during the time of your internship and can produce ID/VISA/Passport to demonstrate this.
Note: if you are an international student, you are advised to check the International Office’s immigration pages for further advice regarding work restrictions on your visa.
How to get involved?
Please complete the GradVantage 'register your interest' form below and tick the Hallam Internship Scheme box to get involved.
If you need more information, contact:
Webinar Wednesdays is a comprehensive series of interactive online sessions on a range of employability topics including:
- making effective careers decisions
- using Linkedin effectively
- demystifying the graduate job hunt
- using recruitment agencies
- surviving your first year after graduation
Take part live or catch them online later on UniHub any time to suit you.
Alumni access to our GradVantage LinkedIn Learning resources
Graduates in the Class of 2018 are the first cohort of graduates to be invited to use our new LinkedIn Learning resources. This will be available to current final year students when you graduate.
LinkedIn Learning enables you to explore thousands of business, tech, and creative courses to get the skills you need.
You'll have access to:
If you are a Class of 2018 graduate, you would have received an email from Sheffield Hallam University via LinkedIn Learning showing you how to get started.