Benefits of Traveling
If there was one piece of advice I have for people today to experience more joy in life, it is to travel more. I don’t mean taking vacations or going on pre-planning trips, I mean making the journey out to somewhere you’ve never gone before with an open schedule, to let life show you what opportunities were waiting for you that you couldn’t have even imaged before.
Traveling is wonderful in many ways. It captures us with a sense of wanderlust and has us longing for more destinations to visit, cultures to experience, food to eat, and people to meet. As amazing as traveling is, most of us think we need to wait until our later years to really explore a lot of the world. I want to inspire you to travel more now. There’s concept, and then there’s experience. When we travel, we may notice that some of the things we’ve heard about the world end up being very different than what we were indoctrinated and conditioned to believe. Many of the initial myths that get dispelled are often about traveling itself. Where you once may have thought it was too expensive and dangerous, you may realize how you can actually save more on your lifestyle expenses traveling the world than you do living at home. You may also realize how kind and friendly strangers can be. Beyond that, you have the whole world to learn about with every place you discover, every person you meet and every culture you experience.
You'll realize life is a wonderful gift
Life is a wonderful gift. It really is, and as we travel and experience more of the world and life, we often become overwhelmed with gratitude and appreciation for all the beautiful moments we enjoyed and people we’ve shared them with. More often than not, this is a realization that we can experience and take action from now while we’re still alive with energy rather than stacking up regrets by the time we’re on our death bed. Rather than waiting until you’re saying “I wish I had”, live so you can say “I’m glad I did”.
Travel gives me time to think, ideate, observe and learn new things - culture, food, history. It also gives a lot of time to introspect and understand on how certain things are done around the world. You sort of get a benchmark on life. ... To know yourself, travel alone".
Here are 10 top reasons why travel is important:
1. Provides learning and education about places and history
2. Connects us to other cultures and people
3. Slows us down: Gives us a break from our fast-paced lives
4. Expands our awareness and introduces us to greater diversity
5. Helps us break habits: mentally, physically, and emotionally
6. Gives us time to heal, reduces stress and helps us regain enthusiasm for life
7.Stokes curiosity and awakens our inner child by offering us new, “first-time” experiences
8. Promotes patience by releasing heavy expectations of the “one right way” mentality thereby allowing life to flow more organically
9. Invites the opportunity to get lost and face one’s fears of the unknown
10. Helps you get to know yourself better: the true you is rediscovered
Today, let’s plan a trip for 2019: Go somewhere new. Try something adventurous! Love yourself, love your day, love your life,
From KJ Travels