Mark Your Calendar!
Monday, Feb. 6th - Day 6
- Academic Team Varsity Semifinals @ CCIU 9:00am
- MS Boys' Basketball vs. Phoenixville MS 3:45pm @ 500 Gymnasium
- MS Girls' Basketball vs. Phoenixville MS 3:45pm @ Phoenixville Area High School Gym
- HS Girls' Basketball vs. Avon Grove Girls Varsity 6:00pm @ 535 Gymnasium
Tuesday, Feb. 7th - Day 1
Wednesday, Feb. 8th - Day 2
- Grades K-6: ROAR T-Shirt Day (Wear your CCS ROAR T-Shirt with CCS Uniform Bottoms)
- HS Girls' Basketball vs. The Christian Academy 6:00pm @ 535 Gymnasium
Thursday, Feb. 9th - Day 3
- 150 Building: Jump Rope for Heart & Wear Red Day (See Link in Article Below) @ 150/515 Gymnasiums
- MS Girls' Basketball vs. Chester Upland MS 3:30pm @ Chester Upland MS
- MS Boys' Basketball vs. Chester Upland MS 4:30pm @ Chester Upland MS
- Board of Trustees Public Work Session 6:00pm @ 435 Conference Room
Friday, Feb. 10th - Day 4
- 150 Building: Jump Rope for Heart & Wear Red Day (See Link in Article Below) @ 150/515 Gyms
- 468 Building: Jump Rope for Heart & Wear Red Day @ 486 Cafeteria/Gym
- 500 Building: Hoops for Heart & Wear Red Day @ 500 Gym
- Grades 7-12: Cougar Pride Day - Wear Your Cougar Gear with Uniform Bottoms or Jeans
- Mr. and Mrs. Collegium Pageant Sponsored by Student Council 7:00 pm @ 535 Gym
Saturday, Feb. 11th
- ACT Testing 7:45am @ 535 Building
- HS Boys' Basketball vs. Bristol 10:30am @ 535 Gymnasium
- HS Girls' Basketball vs. Bristol 12:00pm @ 535 Gymnasium
- Parents Night Out (Sponsored by the HS Music Department) 5:00pm - 9:00pm @ 515 Auditorium and Cafeteria
468/486 Playground Update
We secured permission from the landlord of the 468/486 buildings to install a traditional playground on that campus this summer!
Educational Leadership Feature
Collegium proudly recognizes, Kathleen Harding, our K-6 Curriculum and Assessment Coordinator, for her recent feature in Educational Leadership magazine.
Educational Leadership magazine is acknowledged throughout the world as an authoritative source of information about teaching and learning, new ideas and practices relevant to practicing educators, and the latest trends and issues affecting prekindergarten through higher education.
In each issue, their Tell Me About column publishes a collection of brief contributions from Educational Leadership readers describing their experiences related to a specific theme. February's column focused on teaching content-area literacy.
Below you will see the text of the feature, as well as photos from the actual event Kathleen described.
The story of "The Three Little Pigs" took on new meaning for our kindergarten students when they took part in a STEM activity. As students listened to the story, they learned how each of the three pigs attempted to build a house that could withstand the mighty huffs and puffs of the big bad wolf.
Afterward, the kindergartners designed and built their own houses. Students used iPads to sketch their designs. They worked with partners to construct their houses using simple building materials, including toothpicks, wooden craft sticks, and modeling clay. When construction was complete, a "big bad wolf" industrial fan tested the strength of each house.
The connection between "The Three Little Pigs" and the STEM activity provided a unique learning opportunity for our kindergartners to engage in meaningful discussion and learn about forces and the basic design process.
468 Building Principals' Coffee Chat
Dr. Wight-Mahoney and Mrs. Moore, Principals of the 468 Building, offer parents and guardians the opportunity to join them for conversation and coffee. Enjoy an informal chat with the Principals about the school, events, and academic programming.
The first Coffee Chat will be Wednesday, February 15th, at 10:00am in our 486 Cafeteria. Interested in attending? Just email Mrs. Fritzinger.
Dr. Wight-Mahoney and Mrs. Moore hope to see many parents/guardians, but they also understand not everyone will be available February 15th. Additional Coffee Chats will be held on the third Wednesday of each month!
Hoops for Heart in 500 Building
The 500 Building is celebrating our annual Hoops for Heart event this Friday, February 10th! There are still several days left to continue collecting donations, but don't forget - all donations are due Friday, February 10th.
Your child can also wear red to show awareness of heart health and the importance of living an active lifestyle. Students may wear a red shirt or previous year JRFH/HFH shirt with school appropriate bottoms. Student MUST wear sneakers.
Thank you all for your dedication in raising donations and we look forward to another fun and exciting event for our students!
Questions? Please email Mr. Schultz.
150 Building JRFH
The 150 Jump Rope for Heart events take place this Thursday 2/9 and Friday 2/10. Use the link below to access our class schedules.
The day your child participates is also "wear red day” to show awareness of heart health and the importance of living an active lifestyle. Students may wear a red shirt or previous year JRFH shirt with school appropriate bottoms. Student MUST wear sneakers. Donations, due the day of the event, are encouraged but are not required for your child to participate. The classes that raise the most money or have the most spirit get to pie a teacher!
Learn even more about the 150 JRFH event by accessing our website!
468 Building JRHF
Jump Rope for Heart is this Friday, February 10th! All students will participate and are invited to wear red on this day. They will be active, so please dress them in appropriate clothing and sneakers. If they choose not to wear red, please send them in their PE uniform with sneakers.
If your child raised money for Jump Rope for Heart, please send the completed Jump Rope for Heart envelope and money with them to school on Friday. We encourage all cash donation be converted to a check(s) payable to the American Heart Association.
Grades K-6th Character Development Program: Fairness, Responsibility, Respect, Citizenship, Trustworthiness, and Caring.
Here at Collegium, students are recognized by staff for their good character and their names and photos are added to the Good Character Walls. We have new additions to our Good Character Walls:
- Isaiah Brown
- Brady Van Note
- Kyleigh Regino
- Niqueya Alafita
- Frances Ciliberti
- Tanay Parripati
- Aarna Vijay
- Macie Hartman
- Mikaela Vabre
- Kian Towles
- Julia Enea
- Molly Taylor
- Jalen Mack
Uniform Resale Shop
Our Uniform Resale Shop is located in the 500 Building. Hours are Monday through Friday, from 9:00am until 3:00pm and from 4:00pm until 6:00pm. The Uniform Resale Shop offers good-quality used uniform pieces at a fraction of the retail price. Stop by and stock up for spring!
If you are interested in helping to sort, organize, and shelve donations please sign up below.