The Great Barrier Reef is more important than Chief Keef
"I am so scared of the sea, so what did I do? I learned to scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef." -Tracie Bennett
THE GREAT BARRIER REEF IS THE LONGEST STRETCH OF LIVING CORAL OFF OF THE COAST OF aUSTRALIA. tHIS ECOSYSTEM IS HOME TO SEVERAL SPECIES OF COLORFUL FISH, TURTLES, OTHER FORMS OF LIFE, AND OF COURSE, CORAL.
- Largest coral reef system in the world
- World's largest living structure
- Made up of 2900 individual reefs and 900 islands
- Astronauts can see the Great Barrier Reef from space
- About 2600 km (1616 miles)