In This Issue
- Last Week at Bethel
- Coming Up
- Hear a sermon
- Pastor's Report to the Council
- Pray for Bethel
- About Us
Pastor’s Report to the Council
Once a month I give a report to Bethel's council about what I have been up to for the last month and what I see God doing at church. Check it out!
Pastor’s Report – 4/11/2017
“ The manna stopped the day after they ate this food from the land; there was no longer any manna for the Israelites, but that year they ate the produce of Canaan” Joshua 5:12
- We welcomed a new staff person to the team. Keith Johnson our Director of Youth Ministry. This is a part time position that we are sharing with our sister church Zion covenant. Keith is incredibly excited to be serving both churches and our students. I believe this is going to be huge for us a way we are creatively using partnerships to continue benefiting both churches. I can't wait to see what God does.
- We presented and discussed the results of PULSE together last month. God has revealed that we have lots of strengths and quite a bit of unity around what they and our growth areas are. We have been drilling deep into the missional Marker of Intentional Evangelism this month.
- I have been preaching about BLESS 5 Missional Habits anyone can do to draw people to Jesus. It has been incredibly challenging but fruitful as well. I believe the future of our church will really hinge on how well we begin to do these 5 things together but also as individuals. And how well we keep the idea of Making Disciples who Love God, Love Others, and Make disciples in front of our faces in the future.
- I visited 40 people in homes and care centers last month.
- Easter is around the corner We will celebrate together and talk about what it means to Share our Story with others.
- Coming soon we will be starting the work of the nominating committee. We have been praying for our leaders for months, now as God has brought names to your mind make sure to share them with Dennis, me, or someone else on the nominating committee.
- We should be welcoming a few new members at our Quarterly Meeting. This is great news!
A Thought about Outreach and Evangelism
In a survey of over 3,000 churches the top 10% when it comes to outreach had four things in common.
- The pastors, staff and leaders model intentional evangelism practices. (That means they do things like BLESS and share with others about the experience in ways that can be imitated)
- The church people catch those practices and begin imitating them in their own lives.
- Prayers on Sundays consistently focus on reaching unchurched people.
- Non-Christians feel welcomed, accepted, valued and therefore stay in the community. (The top 10% of church that find people coming to Jesus find that 50% of the people on a given Sunday are pre-Christian.)
These numbers are sticking with me. How can we begin to emulate some of these practices?
Pray for Bethel
- Pray that we will make individual connections and build relationships of trust with people who don’t know Jesus.
- Pray that God will draw unchurched people closer to him through Bethel Covenant.
- Pray that God will raise up our future leaders
- Finally pray for me, your Pastor.